Botox Ruined my Mouth - New York, NY

I have always had a slightly longer distance...

I have always had a slightly longer distance between my nose and mouth. I expressed this concern to my doctor. I asked if there was a procedure that shortened the distance or a filler that would lift. He said botox would do that. He injected right under my nose (right side). The nightmare began. I look like a stroke victim...a monster. My lips are not only dipping down towards my chin, but they are also sitting on the right side of my face. I stopped working. Im afraid to leave my house. Many many People make fun of me, make disgusted faces, stare, ostracise me quite harshly. I am 30 yrs old and in shambles. I have never received such negative attention. I look freakishly hideous. I am so embarrassed. I received this treatment in may. It is almost November and no real improvement. I have no job, no life, I csnt even leave my house for a cup of coffee. The doctor wont return my calls and emails. He moved his practice to the south west. Help me. Please!

botox ruined my mouth

I forgot to mention that the right side of my mouth is drooping. Its crooked and lopsided (think zombie like) and sitting on the side of my face.
dont want to disclose

He is great with fillers. Horrible with botox related procedures

Thanks for sharing your story with us.  I'm sorry you are going through this, it sounds terrible.  My heart really goes out to you.  Have you talked to any other plastic surgeons about what can be done to fix the drooping?  Or ask if there is a chance things will get better after the botox wears of?

You can post pics and ask questions to our verified RealSelf doctors by clicking here.  Pictures really help, if you are comfortable posting them, but feel free to crop them to make them more anonymous.

You might also want to look into facial exercises, there is a good forum thread here with lots of helpful Community Members (scroll down to the 5 month old comments, there is some relevant info you might be interested in).

I hope you find support in our Community and keep us posted on your journey.