Life-changing! -New York, NY

For as long as I can remember, I have hated my...

For as long as I can remember, I have hated my chin. Sounds vain, I know, but ever since I was little, I've had "Peau D'orange," a severe dimpling in my chin that showed whenever I closed my lips (including when speaking). I've always been so self-conscious about it, and there were times it crushed my confidence. I remember one night at a club, I overheard a guy saying that I was pretty except I had "Kind of a f----- up chin." Not a great way to go through life. I had no idea what even caused this problem and thought it had something to do with my jaw alignment. I had even looked into jaw surgery, thinking it was the answer to fixing my problem! Boy, am I glad I didn't. After scouring the internet and, ultimately, Real Self, I discovered the dimpling in my chin was actually being caused by an over-active muscle (the mentalis muscle) that can be easily treated with Botox. In essence, the Botox causes the muscle to stop contracting, and the dimpling goes away. After a lifetime of dealing with this, it sounded too good to be true, but I am living proof that it works!! Last month, I met Dr. Shelton, and after 6 little units of Botox in my chin, I feel like a new person. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have a normal chin! No dimpling at all--just a smooth, defined chin. I couldn't be happier, and I truly owe everything to Dr. Shelton!
First and foremost, he is extremely knowledgable and kind, and his expertise during my consultation instilled 100% confidence in me that I was in good hands. I had never had Botox before and was very nervous, but he explained exactly how everything would work. Moreover, his approach is conservative (i.e. He starts with a small amount and sees how it goes, adding more later if needed, rather than putting you at risk for some of the "horror story" outcomes!). My results started to become visible within a few hours, and the complete results were visible within a few days to about a week. I had the procedure done on a Friday while my husband was out of town, and when he came back on Sunday, I was a new lady! :) When I went in for my check-up after two weeks, Dr. Shelton was very pleased with the results, and so am I, a month later!
I should also mention that Dr. Shelton's staff is WONDERFUL! Due to an accident on the Queensborough bridge and terrible traffic on the east side on the day of my appointment, I was an hour late. An HOUR. But rather than being smug or making me feel bad about it, the staff was so understanding and friendly. As much as Dr. Shelton put me at ease when I was in his chair, they put me at ease before I even went back.
I can't say it enough-- how happy I am that I did this, how wonderful Dr. Shelton and his staff are, and how much I would recommend them to anyone who may have the same problem I had! Or any other problem, for that matter! You won't regret it! I know I don't.
Manhattan Dermatologist