I've Found my New Doctor! - New York, NY

I initially contacted Dr. Shafer for a neck lift,...

I initially contacted Dr. Shafer for a neck lift, not a traditional neck lift, but something a little out of the ordinary. Rather than having “turkey-neck issues,” I had a veiny, freckled neck as a result of too much sun damage as a teenager. At 41 years old, I had already had Botox, fillers and Fraxel Refine to address my face, but I neglected my neck and chest. To me, the skin looked so aged I stopped wearing V-neck tops for years. My goal was to turn back the clock in these areas 10 years.

After a thorough consultation, he suggested a neck lift could be performed but at my age it may be too aggressive and suggested less invasive, alternative options: V-beam laser to refine the skin and Botox to smooth out the neck bands. Within a week I was back in his chair while he quickly and painlessly passed the V-Beam laser over my face, neck and chest. It took 5 minutes. He told me not to expect miracles that day, but within a week I should see a visible improvement. Needless to say I went out that night and was complimented on my skin looking “pretty.” I was optimistic!

Three weeks later during my second treatment he turned up the intensity. Again, there was no pain. This time there were visible red marks left on my chest (not face) that lasted for about a week. But when they faded, so did all my freckles and age spots. Many of them actually came right after exfoliating in the shower. Two weeks later my skin was soft, glowing, and I’d say ¾ of my freckles and hyper pigmentation have disappeared. Now I’m excited.

I’m returning again to clear up the bit that’s left, but I’m amazed how after just two treatments my skin has visibly improved. I wish I could do my entire body, lol.

If you’re on the fence about which doctor to...

If you’re on the fence about which doctor to choose, look no further. I’ve seen several decent cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists in the past, but Dr. Shafer is truly is a cut above the rest. You simply won’t find a more down to earth, caring doctor that is skilled in so many different areas. The icing on the cake? His entire staff is accommodating, kind and professional. I’m so very pleased to have found my new doctor!
New York Plastic Surgeon