Ingenius - for a Very Tricky Surgery, He Way Exceeded my Expectations - New York, NY

I was a stock a bond analyst for years so I always...

I was a stock a bond analyst for years so I always researched thoroughly before I made my picks. Never had plastic surgery before and quite intimidated.. My eyelids however, were not only drooping but also asymmetrical and I became very aware and uncomfortable by the looks of people who met me for the first time.

Instead of a forehead lift suggested by some Upper East side docs he convinced me to get eyelid surgery plus restylane injection in the upper sockets post surgery.

My biggest concern had been the asymmetry, and Dr Yang conceded that there would be improvement but no guarantee about perfect symmetry post surgery. But I developed enough comfort over the consultation to take a leap.

Dr Yang and his assistant worked well as a team and he had very dexterous hands. My eyes looked symmetrical now which is a huge, pleasant surprise! (You have to see my before and after photos at his office to understand what a feat it is. If he crops the photos sufficiently I will let him pose them on his site.) ) I won't claim that he suddenly turned me into a beauty - that is not the point. But I feel that my face looks more pleasant and natural which gives me ease and confidence. Funnily my best friend stared at me and noticed I looked better but couldn't pinpoint the difference. That's a coup. All in all, extremely pleased and absolutely recommend him.

Oh, I had my surgery back in April 2010 and can't remember the cost. It was about the going rate in NYC.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Being from NYC I consulted several docs in town and researched the ones in LA as well. I am Asian and from my research I understood that the eyelid folds would need a different type of surgical technique so I needed a surgeon who knew and could do it well. Had a long and productive consultation with Dr Yang who impressed me with his knowledge and understanding of the ethnic differences in facial features. He is truly passionate and curious about what he does and has his own insights of how different ethnic faces age.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in