Revision African-American Rhinoplasty with Dr. Slupchynskyj - New York, NY

I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago in Canada with...

I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago in Canada with another surgeons and while I was apprehensive to have the surgery in Canada, I took the chance anyway. I was not happy with my results for numerous reasons including a downward pointing nose.

My friend who lives in NYC found Dr. Slupchynskyj 3 years after my first surgery. She suggested I book a consultation with him during the time I was going to visit her and I did. I loved his patient before and after photos. He took photos of me which he computer imaged during the consultation and I liked the way I looked – natural but a better version of myself. I also felt very comfortable with him. I like what he had to say and the fact that he listened. I actually did want my nose to appear even smaller but Dr. S suggested otherwise and told me it would look too severe and the results should be conservative. Dr. S. does not “sell” surgery and he is not pushy like others can be. He is there to help us and does not try to force opinions.

Well, my results are great. I am a major African-American hairstylist and appearance matters to me. I underwent rhinoplasty not to look like a different race, but to look like a better me. My nose now does not appear completely different than before so the work Dr. S did was what he said it would be – conservative. Instead of pointing down, my nose now looks up. It was like a noselift.

I find African-Americans can be very judgmental about some of us who choose to have plastic surgery. We are not trying to change who we are! A plastic surgeon like Dr. S is not forcing anyone to do what they don’t want to. And yes, I can say that his works is that good.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon