Three Kids and Refuse to Enter 40 with a Tummy - New York, NY

Been on a journey to better my self concept for 9...

Been on a journey to better my self concept for 9 yrs. Turning 40 in Nov. and my gift to myself..deflating tummy tires! I was going for breast implants but changed my mind to have tt. Had surgery 2 weeks ago. A support system is important. 1st 3 days was alot of soreness. At week 2 and still need help

Week 3

Started to take Arnica Montana religiously and have seen some swelling decrease. I keep changing my girdles because I feel I need the support. I continue to have some numbness in the stomach area which is hard to touch when I apply Bio- Oil to scar. From being so immobile week 1 and 2...tire easily so still taking easy. Lucky not working right now. At this point still not doing any lifting.

Day 26

Almost hitting month. Still have swelling and fell pulling pains. Trying hard to stay still but gets hard with 3 kids plus helpers. Sometimes you do more when u have more people around. Finally able to lay on side 2 night ago. Was awesome. I do admit some pains around stitch but appear normal. People have noticed a difference so that feels good

Day 46

Well made it past 6 week point. Have seen swelling go down. My incision looks good but it's not straight like before. Kind of curves up in middle and it bothers me a bit. I have to say I have had some positive responses from people who don't know I had surgery. Just think I lost weight but they do look at me oddly like "how did u do it?'" Lol. I still have some soreness and I continue to wear cg. I do take it on and off because it gets annoying. Want to start exercising but time is always limited. What exercises are good to start? No classes. I have 3 kids and work 2 jobs... Time is limited to make a schedules class. Lol

Made it to 8 weeks

Can't believe at 8 weeks now. I see the difference in my clothes and how I wear it. I don't have that stomach bulge in my pants that I had to cover with a loose shirt anymore. Love that!!! Weight on scale is going down but also been more active since going back to work. Going back to work has been exhausting! Lol. I continue to wear a cg because I feel better supported. But i am taking it off at night. The benefits of wearing the cg are conflicting so I use my own judgement. When I get sick of it, I take it off!!!' Swelling is still present but less than before. I am still numb and above bb is sore. Sneezing is painful!!! Last week had a couple of what I felt the muscle pulling when I sneezed. I freaked out at first. I really need to start exercising at gym but busy schedule right now. I started walking a little but overall I am pretty active with 3 kids and full time job. My goal now is to try to lose 10 pounds. Since the TT, I have been more FREE with the carbs!!!! Wish me luck!
Park aestehtics

Exactly!!!! I thought fuller breast would give me a better shape but it was really the tummy that was the bigger problem. Good luck!!! In my 3rd week...I see such a change especially in the way my clothes fit. I always have bigger clothes to cover the tummy now I attempted.to wear a belly shirt at 39...lol
Good for you! What kind of help do you still need? Curious because my TT is in 35 days! I have 3 kids ages 7 almost 6 and almost 4. I do have help but hate to be a burden. Bedtime is always the hardest. Will I be able to walk up and down the stairs? Give baths? Make dinner? Get them ready for school? Don't mean to bombard you with questions and I know everyone heals at their own pace but I never really got an answer. My ps says I'll be up and around pretty quickly. He says I'll feel like I did 1000 crunches. I had a c section and it wasn't bad so he said it should be similar. .I guess we'll see. You look fantastic !
Congrats...and well deserved. On first day you will be in bed entirely. On day 2 and 3...The same. Try to get someone to care for the kids especially during that time. Honestly bathtime for the 4 year old will be a little difficult for about a week since bending is hard. I had my oldest 2 go with my parents 24/7. It is hard trying to entertain them when you are in the process of healong. My 20 month old would stay with husband or my in laws. I tried to stay with her a couple of times and it was hard doing norm chores like cooking. It does feel like 1000 crunches. Also hard to stand straight and you tire easy. I like to be independent and it's hard to rely on others. But you need to!!!! And thanks!!!
I'm glad you asked those questions mommypet. I am wondering the same. I need to know if I can get my 7-year-old son ready for school and prepare meals by day 4. I won't have much help with him as my husband goes to work early.
Thanks so much for answering my questions! Really helpful!
Good luck!!
I also planned on breast implants and ended up getting TT. Will still do boobies but it won't be for a couple years. Congrats!
Thanks...I still not sure on boobies. Getting a good bra for now!!! Lol
LOL! Just getting the tummy to not stick out past the boobies will be awesome! I can't wait to set my TT date. I agree....boobies later. Congratulations vani74! Happy for you !
Txs!