NYEE - New York, NY

Hello I am 35 yrs old , mother of 2 girls 15 and 3...

Hello I am 35 yrs old , mother of 2 girls 15 and 3.I have lost around 75lbs the last 2 years and now is time to make the change complete by removing the excess skin,etc..
I have been researching this for a long while and finally found an affordable option at NYEE since I am a single mother and the sole provider for my girls.I will be having surgery with Dr Polavarapu and Dr Perkins at the NYEE fellowship clinic in Manhattan .My total cost for the procedure is $4600 . Surgery is in a week ,I will post pics of my journey soon.Any questions please message me,thanks.
I just realized that our surgeries are on thessame day! how are you doing? I am sooooo nervous! LOL
The count down does have me nervous but I hear it is good to be a bit anxious,Good luck to you!
thanks!

One day to go..god willing!

So tomorrow is the big day and needless to say I am beyond nervous.Wish me luck gals ;)
I will post pics soon as I can get a decent before and after..
Hello!!! I go in at 9a.m. I am excited/nervous/scared/happy...etc God Bless you and keep you and happy healing :)
Hi I am also all of the above.Good luck to you as well!

Done...Flat side ville it is

So had my TT early this morning I was first case.I have nothing but good things to say regarding this entire experience.NYEE has really treated very well.Today I met Dr Perkins not only is he awesome doctor he is also eye candy lol...loved his entire persona. Now Dr Polavarapu takes the cake words can't describe how excellent she has been . She has my vote. Soon as I am able to I'm getting me a set of boobs which I must do before she's gone ..I am so glad to have met her. Pics soon as I get home n settle in..

my before

Ughhhh need I say more!
Hi you're review on this hospital is so on point I am glad you shared this thanks again..now if I could only sleep..lol

Amazed ...

So one day after I look like this ..I'm loving it!
Wow, you look so good!!!! These first few weeks play a huge role in the healing process, be sure to get tons of rest, protein and fluids.
Thank you so much!

Post op Day 3

So I went in for my follow up today,let me just say that I believe now that Dr Polavarapu is not only a surgeon but also a therapist.I went in hunched over unable to walk and I swear I walked out straight as a ruler,thanks to her! she said yes you can stand up straight and I did!
I have to say I feel good and look even better I am one happy camper.I will post a pic tonight after my shower.

Swollen Day 3 Post Op

Swollen but still happy with what I am seeing..
Thank u so much..one more ? Did u get lipo w tummy tuck or tummy tuck only....God Bless u on answering so many questions...
I love answering questions don't worry ask away...I also had lipo of the flanks done ( sides) that comes included with the tummy tuck.:)
Looking great, hi do your have the drs number, I tried google the hospital and dr nothing came up

TMI but here it goes..

So I've been reading on the bowel movement situation and I must admit I was extremely scared to go...I was hoping to never have the urge to poop for at least six weeks . well let me tell you I did this morning and it was business as usual ..non eventful nothing to report.Maybe I lucked out ..either way I'm glad!
Thank u so much 4 ur time..ill call them on monday
welcome and good luck

sleep drains and vicodene..

So last night I was able to somehow sleep a lot better than I have the last few days..don't get me wrong I am a belly sleeper so sleeping on my butt on a reclyner isn't exactly the thing for me..but I do what I must ! Also drains are starting to put out less each day I can't wait until those things are gone. I am only taking one vicodene twice a day as I find the pain is also becoming a thing of the past ...except in the evenings lol..also still swollen but happy.

OMG..I hate constipation

I guess I spoke too soon regarding my no constipation! today I almost called 911 due to severe constipation! This has been the worst part of this journey..Thankfully my Doctor is god send I cant stress enough how important it is to have your surgeon care about your aftercare like she does.She advised me to drink lots of water,walk more and take colace..So I will do just that!
Oh man! That belly pain will wake you up in sweats! You look great!
Thanks and the sweat part is so right omg!!!
You look fantastic! Try milk of magnesia, I never had any issues. It works great. Good luck love :)

Today was a good day!

DRAINS ARE OUT..I REPEAT DRAINS ARE OUT..I am so happy these annoying things are gone.I kid you not when I tell you I didnt feel em coming out at all! I was worried for no reason whatsoever,I asked the Doctor to let me know when she would pull em so I could brace myself and she says "huh the second ones out already!"...
I walked a whole lot today and I am now home swell hell but I know this too shall pass! Today I met a fellow tummy tucker who also had surgery with Dr Polavarapu it was very exciting to see her and her results as she is a few weeks ahead of me.She looks FANTANSTIC! I will upload pics later on...
How are you feeling? When my drains were taken out it was such a liberating feeling that I overdid it and went out in the sunshine and floated around outside all day! Remember to take it easy still. I'm just feeling more energy come back but I know I'm not 100% so I am make sure not to overdo it at least one day of the weekend. lol. Yesterday hubby was out so it was just me n kids. Today I have so much to do around the house and then there's a fam friend bday party but sunday I am gng to park it right on the couch and RELAX. No one will be able to budge me!!! Also - I'm sleeping great. On my sides and all. I put kel-cote on during day and scar strips at night (since those are 12 hr jammies and Im not in the mood to deal with them during work day). It just keeps getting better!
You look fabulous girl!
thank you hun!

Swell Hell and Cucumbers

So ever since I had the procedure my diet had consisted of mainly cucumbers and fresh pineapples since my mom said it helps with water loss and swelling..I gotta say I stopped doing it for 2 days and swelled with a vengeance! Well yesterday I started up again and volia swelling is diminishing now I can't say if it is mental or what but its working ..so I vouch to eat a cucumber a day as I do believe it keeps the swelling at bay!
I need energy I'm used to being everywhere at once so this is really taking a toll on my sanity!!! Lol

Comparison PIC

You look so good! I'm buying cucumbers!
Thanks ;)))
Wow you look amazing!! You had a great body to begin with and your surgeon made the scar nice and low. It does fade, im seeing it disappear before my eyes! For your constipation issues I highly recommend magnesium citrate you can find it at walmart or Walgreens you drink it and you go. it's not violent and it won't hurt going at all it's just super scary I hope you have already resolved this issue!

XS

I cant believe I switched to an XS stage 2 Marena compression garment today! Swollen and all! I have to confess it feels a lot better than the medium I was sporting cause you know the medium made me feel secure..Anywho stitches out tomorrow god willing..Nothing else new to report other than my energy isnt still where it needs to be.
You look soooo good! I had a consultation with this doctor sometime ago and she is such a doll!! I'm soo set on her! Thanks for sharing and more pics please!!
Looking great......

Walking

So I had my two week follow up and doc thinks I should walk more in order to reduce the amount if swelling. Other than that alls well...except I'm still in swell hell lol..here's a PIC.BTW even swollen I feel I look a whole lot better than pre tummy tuck ;)
You look great, seriously!! I hope you are feeling good. We're shopping for our first bikini's for the Summer together!
Thanks so much for your support you're awesome ..so glad we met.And yes Summer shopping is a must!!! I'm beginning to get excited:)
You look great! Congratulations on your fantastic results!

Seroma

I am beginning to think I might have one or a few...This swelling isnt feeling right! Lets see ill see Dr Polavarapu soon and we shall find out.I am not worried since I know a seroma has a solution!

Nothing to see here still swollen!

Just a formality ..I am still very swollen no matter what I do...I walk.Drink gallons of water. Eat cucumber and Pineapples. Take bromalein and Arnica. Pray.Get mad. Cry... Etc.. And the Swell Sorceress still shows up..WTF shall I do.. I'll take any and all suggestions...a witch doctor maybe!?;)
Can I pls have his num

The Seroma that isn't

Turns out I do not have a Seroma as per my Doctor what I have is simply muscle swelling that just needs time to relax...too bad no muscle relaxers given..;/
Haha!! Take advil!! I'm glad you don't have a seroma but sorry that its swollen muscles and that there is no immediate solution. Hang in there!! I think you look fab. Get yo damn eyez checked! lol you aint that big/swollen!
I am a wreck this swelling is swelling up my head lol..advil pm it is!! Oh and thanks for the talk today..
Did u have muscle repair done with your TT? I can't believe they wouldn't give you any muscle relaxers!!!

Trick or Treat

I went out to take my 3 year old trick or treating today..I have to say it wasn't as bad as I had pictured it to be.We walked and had lots of candy ;) later on went to dinner celebrate my 15 year olds birthday at place called sugar factory which I looooove..had salad and a sip of my sisters drink ;) the day went well..a bit of the normal swelling but I enjoyed myself which I was worried I wouldn't.
Ive heard soo much about sugar factory!! I wanna go so bad! The drinks look so yummy. How is the food?? Happy healing!
Hi the Sugar factory is overall a great place..Thanks.
beautiful sweetheart look great happy healing x

Faja vs Other compression garment's

So I go back to work soon ...waaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa...I wannna stay home until I am swell free.OK so back to reality. I switched compression garment because I felt Marena was not compressing enough even though I was wearing XS..now that I wear a faja by Zaray I feel much more held together and helps more with the swelling. This faja is a size M...fits better .wish I would have worn this straight out the O.R..

Looking good! How long have you had off of work? I need to get back to excersizing! I am weaning off of my garment sometimes not wearing it to work at all. 7 weeks post op here...my ass is turning to jelly need to get on a treadmill..

You look gr8! Could u please give me ur dr. Infoation? Thanks
Thanks her number is 212 979 4493

1 month 11/08/13 update

So yesterday I went for my one month follow up. My wonderful doctor says everything is looking like it's supposed to. She showed me how to massage my scar n belly button area. Says I can start exercising lightly and resume normal activity with the exception of heavy lifting like over 20 lbs.Swelling is going down not as quickly as I would like but its going down and not up which is a good thing. She took pics.I will see her again in another month. I go back to work next week booooooooo! Other than that I also feel more energetic and my darn appetite is back !! Here are pics of my one month update.

Can I?

Hey, How are you feeling? When is your next appt for a check up? Are you massaging your scars? I hate that part.
Hi I am feeling much better.. I see the doc in 3 weeks. I forget to massage shhhhh but I try..lol
You look great! Please wear that bikini with no cover up.

Quick update

Hi gals I went back to work last week and I have to say it was all I pictured it to be...tiring lol. Swelling is going down some more although there are days better than others.I have more energy and can basically do everything I did prior to tummy tuck of course in moderation and listening to my body. Now that I've had the tuck I am looking at other body parts that need fixing! Boobs and a lil lipo of the derrier won't hurt..let's see.lol
Also, how did you make the payments in one limp sum ? And when was it due? A week before or a month before surgery?
Hi I paid the morning of surgery .
Hi, I'm going for my consult with the same doctor that you advised Tomorrow at 9am. Any questions k should ask? I feel Nervous. I live in queens so I am not far away. My husband will be driving me. How long was the consult? Did you go home the next day or stayed in a hotel?

Update cause RS told me so...lol

Hello ladies.I am almost 7 weeks Post op and not much has changed. I do feel a whole lot more like my old self. I am still super swollen but have noticeable improvement. However I do think I am going to go for some lipo of the lower back and thighs since I feel fatttttt there..

PIC PIC pic

side view

I'm not seeing any fat girl, you look fabulous!
Yay to the bikini!

Scar pics

As requested by a few ladies here is my scar at 7 weeks..I have been only using bio oil whenever I remember to do so. I swear I'll do it more often...
Your scar looks really great ! I can't wait for my consultation.
Thanks and keep us posted looking forwards to your journey!
Your scar looks great. Congrats.

New obsession

BTW I am now loving shopping for swim wear lol..
Having my tt with dr. P in January. I'm so excited and nervous. Thanks for your review, would not have found her without you! :)
Hi sonja21707 I too have to be grateful for cmedejas because of her I will be consulting in January hopefully for a February TT procedure. ;) good luck sweetie !
Yay congrats you won't be disappointed !

Hello

Hi gals I have been M I A but will be uploading and posting pics later on when I update my review.Hope everyone's well...
Your results are fabulous! I just called nyee and got an appt with Dr. watts. Did you deal with him at all? Not sure if I should call back and try for polavarapu. Dr. Watts has a good review on real self, but it is for a nose job and brow lift. Not sure what to do....
Hi there ..I am sorry I can't say anything regarding Dr Watt's I have not dealt with him or seen his work ..now Dr Polavarapu is amazing and I highly recommend her! Good luck on your journey.
Hi sweetie ! I keep stopping by your page to see more pics. My decision will be based on how well your healing. Scar and sculpture. Looking forward to seeing more pics :)

Hi there

So everything has been progressing really well. I have days where I still swell and days where I am amazed on how flat I am. I still experience numbness at times but that is also decreasing. I wear my compression garment to bed most nights and during the day when I feel a swelling spell coming on. I will see the Doc this week for my 3,months check up and I will post pics soon. I haven't been updating much due to personal family matters etc. Not due to this procedure. I couldn't be happier with my results and choice of Doctor!

Dec 30

I was trying to convince my hubby to take me to Lennox and he was not on board (I was gonna call tomorrow anyways). So tonight we are both next to each other and I decided to show him your photos, and just like that he says 'yeah, I guess we can take a trip up there!' 0.o ...well he said you look very nice and flat (me too, by the way) be good to your new body and take care of it :)
I have an appointment for next week w/ Kiran :)

Then and Now

Hi girl! How have you been?! Did you get the bewbz done? How are you feeling/looking?
Hello ladies Can someone please give me doctor polavarapu's number? You all have great results.
Sure 1smiley 1 (212) 979-4493
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Best Doctor ever ..hands down.She is great at what she does. Has a personality to match her skills . I love her for life. If I had to have any type of surgery shes my pick. She is at NYEE in Manhattan and will be there until Summer 2014.