26 Year Old Student, Front & Inner Thigh Lipo - New York, NY

I was very skeptical , yet confident that I needed...

I was very skeptical , yet confident that I needed to get this procedure. All my life, genetics have blessed me (hah!) and family with very large thighs. Unfortunately, even after almost 3 years of consistent cardio and training, my thighs were still not were I wanted them to be. I have always dreamed of getting a procedure like this, but a surprise chain of events financially presented the opportunity and I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL. It was extremely painful, the recovery was tough for --legit--the first 4 weeks are the hardest. You cannot walk normal, sit, go to the restroom, or work without pain. The 1st stage garment is very hard to maneuver in and out of during the first 3 weeks. I would suggest not to go to work for at least 2 weeks; I took a full 18 days off work (Thank God I pulled that off). It wasn't until after 5 weeks that I could go about my day and if I was busy enough I wouldn't feel any pain or pings while sitting/ walking. Stage two garment was less bulky without the zippers on either side. Initially I did not want to take the pain killers, I hate all medicine, but if you don't want to get used to it, do it for the first two weeks, then go cold turkey. It was massive amounts of pain but the dependency that was growing scared me and I just did two 500mg Tylenal extra strength for the following two weeks thereafter. Now I am just about 3 months post op and I feel great. There is still some bruising in the lower inner thighs by my knees still, which is a bit annoying because its summer, but my doctor said this is normal and has given me tips to reduce darkened areas. I guess everyone heals differently, and I haven taken arnica since week 3 so that might have something to do with it. It takes a full year for a 100% recovery and I'm pretty excited to see the final product of all my pain!! I would not change anything, except doing this sooner in life. I feel great, the difference is life changing, and I'm so glad this finally happened. I loved my body before, but now I love it even more!! My doctor was fantastic, top here in New York, right on Park Avenue and I will always only have great things to say about him and all his staff.

Post Op Photo Update at 15 weeks

Can't wait for a full recovery!
New York Plastic Surgeon

I visited a few offices before determining that Dr. Schulman was the one I would go with. He was not the lowest price at all, however you get what you pay for. He was professional, really helped me with my specific areas that I pointed out and gave me the results i wanted. The office was very clean, staff was polite and kind; the nurses at surgery were literally the best! Sweetest people ever, thoughtful, and made me feel comfortable even when I was close to tears. I felt scared that morning and even when I climbed on the operating table the tears started overflowing. They made a joke as they wiped away my tears and next thing I knew I was waking from surgery. Dr. Schulman was accessible after surgery in good time, I would call at pretty much any hour and would hear back shortly. I know my mother was nervous and probably contacted him more then she should've with worry but he was pleasant and answered all questions with patience. I'm so glad I did this surgery here in NY, just about 50 blocks were I live; very grateful I wouldn't have wanted it to be anywhere else!

Did you lose weight before you did your procedure? I forgot to mention this but I even try to lose weight and very active (running). I hate having big thighs but small on top. Its genetics as well. Also, I am thinking to have my stomach liposuction. Both procedure done for 7,609.10 with 10% which is good. He has excellent reputation so far leading toward the second doctor.
Thank you so much Ms. Rose! I appreciate you even reaching out, I am more then happy to answer any questions you have. I have been working out for years and the areas barely changed. The recovery is pretty tough but nothing you can't survive really from someone who is going on 5 months (20 weeks). I also felt sketchy about my first doctor I saw because he also used a different procedure then the one I ultimately chose. It was cheaper and he wanted to let the wounds drain and not stitched up. My opinion, that would have made the recovery more uncomfortable. You look amazing to be honest and your stomach looks great! Good luck with your decision, best of luck and of course make the healthiest and best decision for yourself. :-)
You look great! I would like to have liposuction due on my thighs as well. So far, I have seen two ps out in Jersey. The first ps is from old school meaning his technique was not updated compare to other ps. The second ps I felt very comfortable with him and his staff. I still have to more appointments with two different ps before I make my finally decision. To be honest I am really scared about having it done but I am doing for the same reason like you.
You look amazing! I did inner thighs and tummy and I'm three years post op and i still have very minor lumpiness and bruising. Don't know what to do about it but I did not go for any massages after lipo or took any supplements. Does anyone know what I can do?
Hello Irinelle! Thank you for your comments and questions. I also have a couple areas that are not exactly seamless however I am about 5 months post op and have very light bruising. I have not gone to any massages as of yet, however I can see how that might help in the long run. Thank you for idea! During the first month I would definitely rub areas that felt hard and it would help the lumps and alleviate pain. I was told it would've hurt during the first few weeks but I should look into it now since I'm not sore much these days. How did you feel during swelling from PMS in the months after? Maybe contact your doctor to ask how to you can treat your sustained systems of recovery. They say everyone heals different, so it could never be too late to still try methods for yourself. My doctor recommended heating pads for the bruising about 3 months after. Good luck with everything and thanks again for sharing!
Looking Good!
Your pictures say it all, you look fantastic!