do not recommend! - New York

I would never recommend this to anyone. This is...

I would never recommend this to anyone. This is just my experience, then again everyone has different skin. if i had to say I would recommend this for people with normal or mature skin. if you are acne prone, please stay away! First time I had this done I ended up with cystic acne that i never had. i could never figure out what had caused it until 2 years later i went in for the same treatment only to experience multiple outbreaks. your skin will purge ten times more then it normally would. this is a normal phase to go through after a micro but I would tell you its not worth it! find other ways to asses the problem you are having. my skin has not looked this awful in so long and because I don't know how many months my skin will take to grow back, since it takes a few months after having micro, your skin will normalize again.but as of now my skin is purging so badly and i don't know when it will be over i miss not having to wear make up. i hate my skin in the light. if i must say when i did have this procedure before i guess when my skin did get back to normal it was the best skin i ever had but for now a i am not a happy camper. i wish esthecicians would warn you about these possible side effects but of coarse its all about taking your money!

I am oily & acne-prone and had the same thing happen: broke out with painful, itchy cystic acne all over. It's really bad on one side of my face and I didnt associate it with the micro until i was reviewing pics i take of my skin (for laser procedure result comparisons)) and realized my face exploded really bad after microdermabrasion (I got free micro 6 weeks after the laser because my results were so bad) Its been 2 weeks since the micro & i had to resort to antibiotics for the first time in my life. My skins looks a mess! When did it calm down for you?

Yeah, I had microderm done probably about 6 years ago and had a pretty similar experience. It made my breakouts worse. I didn't see a huge improvement after though, it was increased breakouts then back to normal. :-/

Dealing with acne is the worst!! Where or where is our miracle cure. ;)

I came upon these comments while looking for reviews about microdermabrasion, and i just wanted to mention that the only thing that finally got rid of my acne (adult cystic acne - not even roaccutane helped for more than a few years) was traditional chinese medicine. the treatment is with mainly with herbs and some accupuncture. you need to be patient and diligent, it took over a year but its the best thing i ever did, the results are permanent and my search for an acne cure is over.

do not get this procedure done...possible side effects not worth it