my lhr experience - New York

I had experienced laser treatments from 2...

I had experienced laser treatments from 2 facilities, both of which I purchased from Groupon. I am skin type VI and I was looking to treat my bikini area. The first facility used a CoolGlide Nd:Yag laser. I did research and found that it was compatible with my skin type so I decided to go for it. I was nervous about getting it done but from what I read about other people's experience, it may hurt a bit but it's tolerable sort of pain (especially if you have gotten waxed before). That....was...pure and utter BS!! I felt like fireballs were being shot at my vagina. It was one of the most painful things that I have every experienced and I was seriously questioning my sanity. It's not like I have a low pain threshold either. I've gotten Brazilians before...hell I've even got my Koota pierced. But this was just so PAINFUL. I LITERALLY had to go get a drink afterward.

One thing I will say is that I saw a drastic decrease in hair growth. However, after a couple of weeks, I saw 4 or 5 burn marks. And as much as I wanted to have a hairless bikini area, I don't think I should resort to torture in order to achieve that. I got a refund from the place . A month or so later, I decided to give it another go. Once again, I found this place through groupon and they use the Candela Elite which has the Alexandrite and ND: Yag in one. This place was INFINITELY BETTER. Not to say it's painless but I think she was more knowledgeable about what settings to use for my skin so that she doesn't set my crotch on fire. So, far it's been very effective. I've had 5 sessions so far and there is veeeeery little hair growth.

Hi Beatrice, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to face the pain, but I'm glad it's finally worked out for you!