my lhr experience - New York

I had experienced laser treatments from 2...

I had experienced laser treatments from 2 facilities, both of which I purchased from Groupon. I am skin type VI and I was looking to treat my bikini area. The first facility used a CoolGlide Nd:Yag laser. I did research and found that it was compatible with my skin type so I decided to go for it. I was nervous about getting it done but from what I read about other people's experience, it may hurt a bit but it's tolerable sort of pain (especially if you have gotten waxed before). That....was...pure and utter BS!! I felt like fireballs were being shot at my vagina. It was one of the most painful things that I have every experienced and I was seriously questioning my sanity. It's not like I have a low pain threshold either. I've gotten Brazilians before...hell I've even got my Koota pierced. But this was just so PAINFUL. I LITERALLY had to go get a drink afterward.

One thing I will say is that I saw a drastic decrease in hair growth. However, after a couple of weeks, I saw 4 or 5 burn marks. And as much as I wanted to have a hairless bikini area, I don't think I should resort to torture in order to achieve that. I got a refund from the place . A month or so later, I decided to give it another go. Once again, I found this place through groupon and they use the Candela Elite which has the Alexandrite and ND: Yag in one. This place was INFINITELY BETTER. Not to say it's painless but I think she was more knowledgeable about what settings to use for my skin so that she doesn't set my crotch on fire. So, far it's been very effective. I've had 5 sessions so far and there is veeeeery little hair growth.