Hopeful - New York, NY

I will be having fat transfer and facelift in one...

I will be having fat transfer and facelift in one week with Dr. Gallagher. Having had a rough few years, I am often told that I've aged prematurely. I've spoken with some of her patients and know that Dr. Gallagher has an outstanding reputation. I will let the Real Self community know the details and I am praying that all goes well.

Surgery was a success!

My double chin and jowls are gone, and my smooth jawline is back. Lots of swelling (expected) on the eyes, cheeks, mouth and temple. I have red eye bruises along with the swelling, but little bruising on the mouth. The neck area was a concern, with dark bruising, but now is purple and lighter, with increased ice. It's only day two, and I guess things will get worse in the next couple of days, before they get better, so I am trying to focus on the positive. I definitely think the pre-surgical steroid, bromelain and arnica helped a lot. I am also on anti-biotics, along with acidophilus. Dr. Gallagher knows how to prescribe the right meds, for sure.

Day 7 update

It's day seven, and I am getting a lot of compliments and attention. Ironically, prior to the surgery, I had hit rock bottom. Since I'd done a lot of crying and looked tired, I actually looked so bad, so old, that I was given a senior discount. This was a few days before the surgery, so I just through up my hands. I am just wondering, since a lot of this is swelling, whether the dramatic effects of this procedure will begin to dissipate. I hope that at least 30% of the fat remains.
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

I had vegetable soups with no sodium - kale, lentils, etc., prepared, to eat for the first couple of days. This turned out to be a good idea that I highly recommend, because it is difficult to eat solid foods initially.
Does your neck swell also?
It's more a feeling of tightness than visible swelling - although I suppose it might be visible - I feel it mostly in my cheeks and under my chin, and sometimes around my ears.
Yes so do I and it has been 7 months tomorrow now that I think about it! Your results are really amazing. Although it is a long road much longer than I ever would have imagined.
Definitely a journey! I'm glad you're here with me, DSail. 5 months for me ...
Thank you, DSail!

Thank you for starting your story. I'm sorry you've had a rough few years. It's amazing how stress can age us. I hope this refreshes you and helps set you on a path to several EASY, fun years to come. Please let us know how it goes. Here's a list of supplies you might find helpful for recovery.

Yes, stress takes its toll on us.Thank you for the kind welcome and list of supplies. I will keep the community posted every step of the way.
Hi Angelica. Can you tell us something about yourself and what you hope for? You've made a great decision to post about your journey here, and IMHO, the more the better!
Hi Bski, I have mild to moderate jowling that has been responding somewhat to fillers. I metabolize fillers quickly and they are too expensive. I hope that the neck and lower facelift helps with that. I pray that I don't have too much swelling in that area because that will truly worry me. I hope to fill in the cheek, temple and eye areas, as these are increasingly thinning. Post-swelling in those areas would be expected, and would be o.k. with me. I hope to look refreshed, less tired, and younger.
I'll be praying for you. I'm going to be talking to my PS about a face lift soon and would love to hear about your experience.
Thank you so much for your prayers, and thank you and Bski, for your warm welcome. I love how supportive everyone is here for each other. I know people who suddenly appeared "refreshed," but they will never say that they do anything. I have friends, but this is not something we talk about. It is so nice to be able to openly discuss things here. I will most definitely be posting things that I hope will be helpful. I have been taking bromelain for the past three weeks, as well as B vitamins. I will be taking arnica a few days before the surgery. I will be reducing my sodium levels this week. I have heard that this is a good idea.
Try the arnica cream and no salt post op. Worked on my face lift !
I agree Dsail, especially to avoid salt! I am just starting to ease back into salt s-l-o-w-l-y, and I still feel its effects the next day when I eat something salty.