Male Mid 30s Large Applicator on Lower Abs - New York, NY

33 year old male. ~ 17% bodyfat, 215 lbs and 6'...

33 year old male. ~ 17% bodyfat, 215 lbs and 6' tall.

After reading many reviews, I came across a groupon deal for coolsculpting. I purchased a large application and two smaller applications with the intention of doing the large one on my abs and small ones on my love handles.

Had the first procedure done 12 days ago. The initial suction was a bit uncomfortable, but not bad and I got used to it within a few minutes. The person administering the procedure said if the suction is lost the procedure is over, due to there not being a way to restart the procedure mid way through. So, during it, I tried to minimize moving and took shallow breaths (likely unnecessary). Towards the end of the procedure, you can start to feel the machine easing the suction gradually. WHen it ended, my stomach looked pretty much like the videos on youtube and it was very red. The nurse said it would bruise. Well, it did not bruise and the first few days were a breeze. The area numbed and I felt no pain. After perhaps 4-5 days the pain started and was bareable. It sort of felt like a sunburn with a very sore set of abs underneath, with the occasional stabbing pin pain. Around the 6th day, i took one neurontin and found it way too sedating. It made me feel uncomfortably relaxed. After that I decided to open them and take small amounts as needed for the pain, which I did for the next 4 days. By the 12 day (today) the pain is nearly gone and much of the swelling has subsided. I am still fairly numb, but it seems as though the feeling is coming back. I will report back as the days past and I am able to assess the results of the procedure. Also, the next procedures on my love handles will be in a few weeks. I will be sure to add that to the post as well.
New York City Dermatologist

Never met doctor. Nurse that administered the procedure was very nice and answered all of my questions.

Thank you for sharing! I experienced exactly what you have described also. I'm on day 8 and I am just taking IB for pain management. I had both sides of my upper abs done last Monday. I go back on the 26th for my lower (large applicator) and am a bit nervous. This one hurt pretty bad by day 3 and was super swollen. It's still swollen and the pins stabbing feeling comes and goes. I'll be happy around day 12 then when the pain has subsided a bit. :o) Good luck on your future treatments!