Smartlipo - Totally Worth Every Penny

So I have been thinking about getting lipo for a...

So I have been thinking about getting lipo for a while now and just recently moved to NYC. After researching plenty of Doctors in the area and going to many consultations I decided to go with Dr. P. I actually first found out about him from another patient on this site.

I have to admit I was very nervous because I am type one diabetic and have never had any surgery done before, but his team was so wonderful! They made sure I was comfortable throughout the whole procedure. I got my upper and lower Abdomen and Flanks done for 4000$ total. I got the procedure done yesterday and I am totally fine today.

I will post the pictures once I recieve them from the office. email me if you guys have any questions what so ever.

Ill post more pics as the weeks go by

Ill post more pics as the weeks go by

New York Ophthalmologist

He was great! very professional and pleasant. His team are so nice and real. Not snobby and rude like at some of the other practices I had consultations with.

hi. how are things looking now? I am considering a consult with your Dr. Do you have any new pics?
Hi Wondering Dove, I had a tricky situation where I needed to be on prednisone which is a cortisol steroid I did gain some fat around my stomach my its still pretty flat. I will take pictures as soon as I can and post them
Sorry to hear that. Glad your OK. Guess it could have been worse then
btw Anonnyc, How are you doing with your procedure? What area did you have done?
Hey yall sorry its taken so long but Ive had an interesting couple of months anyways I have an appt tomorrow with Dr.P and I'll let you know how it goes and post pics as soon as I can
Hey!! I just had my prodecure. Do you have any new pics?
Hey StarP, How are you making out with your results... Any improvements...Not here my belly is still round and it already about 7 weeks. It only look somewhat flat in the morning and when i suck in my belly...Im gonna sent you private message so you could send me pics. Im so upset the last time I took pics was when i was 4 week post up...non recently
Hi Good123, btw, I just read up on "deep fat" and it seems that Vaser Lipo is better suited to remove this type of adipose than Smart Lipo...perhaps you can look into this procedure to remove some of that extra unwanted fat? Good luck!
Hey Star, It's been about 4weeks already and my stomach is still round and sticking out... It's definatly alot smaller then before and I do see improvement, but by no means flat. I saw Dr.P last week and he said it is still very swollen. I have to give it time...he also said that I had "deep" fat and this kind of fat is not possible to remove by lipo because its too risky...(I read that in other websites too)so I dont know... Im disappointed... I think maybe I should have gone to a Dr that only specializes in these types of surgeries.
Hi Good123, hmmmmm...thanks so much for your update. I am a bit worried that I may have a similar situation with the "deep fat" because I still have a little pooch on my lower belly. It's flat when I stand, but definitely noticeable when I bend or sit. Not exactly what I had in mind for my final results. I will be seeing him in 2 weeks for an evaluation and will ask him about a touch up. If you want to see my pics, you can click on my profile and see where I am in the healing process. Good luck and I really hope things continue to improve for you. Best.
Hi Good123, I totally understand your concerns about whether or not your stomach will start to get flatter. It has only been 6 days since I had the surgery, so I can only wait and be patient. Each day has been showing improvement, but definitely not as quickly as I anticipated. My bruising is starting to fade, and I am still puffy, but not nearly as bad the first 4 days. I just started taking a supplement called bromelain which has help immensely with the inflammation and tenderness. You can find it at Vitamin Shoppe or any health food store. I am taking 3-4 capsules of the 500mg with 2000GPU daily. If you are still a bit swollen, I would really recommend trying it. As for the size of your stomach, even though it may be bloated, have you noticed a difference in skin texture? I am tighter, but I still get a large roll when I sit down. This worries me because the "muffin top" syndrome is what drove me to get lipo in the first place! I just hope that time will fix everything. What has Dr. P said in terms of your post-op results? Is everything going as expected with your recovery? I have read from many people that you don't see major improvements until a month to two months out. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope you get the beautiful body you were hoping for. Keep me updated and I'll do the same! I go in tomorrow for my 1 week follow-up. Trying to stay positive!
Would love to see updated pics!
congratulations! you look great in these pics. i can only imagine how incredible you look now 2 months post-op. i just had my smartlipo procedure done with the same doctor 3 days ago on my stomach, but i have a lot more bruising and swelling than you did. i'm 5'2" and 110 lbs. they only took 300cc of fat from my belly which doesn't sound like much. can you tell me how long it took for you to feel less tender and swollen? i don't see much of a difference in my abdominal area and am a bit concerned that my results won't turn out as i expected. i'd like to hear your feedback on your recovery since we both used Dr. P for our surgeries. thanks so much for your time!
Hi Star, I also had smartlipo done with Dr. P two weeks ago and my stomach also still looks big...I thought it would look really flat and it doesn't Im so concerned that i spend so much money and not a big result...hopefully swelling will go down and it will somehow shrink
please send me more info.. Im planning to get one done next month or so... Thanks.. Do u have any pics??? God bless
Hi Mima, Im waiting for my pictures back from the dr. Do you have any specific questions? What area were you thinking to get done? Are you from NYC?
Well I had it done on May 14,2010 in NYC... Waist,back and Abdomen...this is great..amazing the way I look in only 3 days post operation...My doctor was great, very calm and professional.. I will post my pics soon.. the results are unbelievable.. when I had my sergury my weight was 146 now Im currently 134... flat as a street road... just great.. little swollen now and then but nothing mayor... I will post pics soon... bye girls...