Hydroquinone Made Hyperpigmentation FAR WORSE! - New York, NY

My dermatologist in California warned me. She...

My dermatologist in California warned me. She said that hydroquinone is standard treatment for hyperpigmentation but she advised against it, because often it makes the hyperpigmentation worse. BUT when I moved to NYC and saw a fancy dermatologist in a fancy midtown office he convinced me that hydroquinone is the standard treatment. What are you worried about?

Hydroquinone more than doubled the size of the dark spot and made it far darker. People kept asking me - how did you get that big bruise on your forehead? Did you fall.

Now I am stuck with it. I've seen 5 dermatologists here in NYC. All expressed surprise that hydroquinone made it worse. (Why did my California doctor know something that NYC dermatologists do NOT know?)

They all recommend various types of laser treatments BUT when I press them on success rates, they change the subject. WTF. Finally one doctor admitted that up to 20% of people treated with laser for hyperpigmentation get 50% improvement. Sheesh.

That's my sob story. Now I just put 50 SPF on the hyperpigmentation every day and pray. Am experimenting with overnight application of Lytera cream ($125 for a small amount, ouch) and if this is helping, it sure is slow.

Anyone else got a recommendation?

Don't get me started.

This is all back wards I want to be darken.
I'm sorry
I want too make them dark.
i do not kno how to make something dark , skin , but the sun
Oh dear this happened to you
Do u know how.