Accutane Review - New York, NY

I have been on accutane for 2 weeks now and I'm a...

I have been on accutane for 2 weeks now and I'm a senior in highshool. I am a male. me and my mom have tried everything such as doxycycline and tetrecycline,neutragena face washes, etc. im noticing that im getting bloody noses and watery eyes alot.I've heard about a lot of success stories and I'm waiting to tell mine. So far I haven't seen a difference in my skin yet.

Ive seen clear up on my chin and cheeks! Things...

Ive seen clear up on my chin and cheeks! Things are looking a little better :) I'm staying positive!

I think it WIL work just be strong have hope! Be happy knowing that they are suppose to get bad before they get better and by the 4 month or however long they will go away :)
I'm also going through some severe acne problems and ran across the option of Accutane and was wondering how it was working for you now in May??
hi, Kmart. Hope you will get better soon :)

Hi. Just wondered how your skin's doing? My son started taking it a month ago and he's still getting new, sore spots although his blackheads have improved so much. Hope it's going well for you.

My daughter is 13, and the dr. recommended Accutane. She has tried pretty much everythng. I'm very scared because of all the side effects and the lawsuits on Accutane and also i feel she is too young. Can anyone give any suggestions?

I would highly recommend acutane. I am currently on it and it has worked AMAZINGLY. I too was very reluctant at first, due to all the chatter about it, but I am so glad that I went on the medication. Acutane has been on the market since the early 80s. This made me feel a lot better. Something that has been around for over 30 years seems proven to me. You daughter will be so highly monitored while she is on the medication, that in all reality you can be assured she will be the healthiest she has ever been. If anything, and I mean anything seems a little off the doctors will catch it and address it immediately. All the doctors appts. and regulations are 100% worth it. I have literally tried everything else and nothing has worked. 4 months on acutane and my skin is perfectly clear.

I was on accutaine for 7 months. I started right after my fifteenth birthday. Here's something that helped me a lot, don't wash your face with acne cleansers, use really salty water. Its heathier for your skin and it keeps it from getting really oily. I'm glad it's working for you :) good luck! Oh and for the dry eyes, just use red eye Visine, but keep on top of it or you could get conjunctivitis (it's like pink eye but not contagious and it's usually temporary)

Dude i had the same thing....if accutane is workin stick to it...like others have said...... For me not any topical cream or lotion or cleanset helped.....because you have to see to the inside of the problem not the outside.....the bacteria is in your blood....that's why you have acne which is caused by bacteria..... I took azithromycin tablets for a month and it cleared up mu face....

There's plenty of support on here! Great vibe! My Sis took it about 10 years ago. She obtained beautiful results. Now that I'm older I began to battle with oily skin. It's so bad the oil begins to get into my eyes! Yes my eyes and it is so uncomfortable!! My make up won't last or looks fresh. I'm looking into taking accutainne myself. I don't have nor have ever suffered from acne or oil. I'm surprised that at my age I have to go through this out of no where? I don't get it? I've always had the best skin. It must b stress :(

I took accutane for 3-4 months and it cleared up my cystic acne. My skin is super oily and makeup lasts an hour or two when I wear it. The plus side is that I still look like I am 25 and I am 41. The oily skin makes you look younger. I just learned to not wear makeup often and that when you go out, to take blotting paper and a loose powder.

How are results for you so far? Looking forward to an update :)
I'll update soon :)
don't give up , you will love the results. remember it is a 5 to 6 month treatment.
I've been hearing 2 to 3
My iPledge booklet says 4 to 5. Most get the desired results around months 2 and 3, and the fourth month I guess is "just to make sure."
Okay thank you
Day 12 tomorrow. I have seen improvement. Less swelling and some lesions have already disappeared. Still meh but definitely going somewhere. Skin is drying and peeling/flaking and I have scabs where some lesions used to be. Another thing I have noticed though is some of my new skin is quite thin and ticklish. The dry lips haven't been too bad for me either and no other major side effects. As for the initial breakout, it only happened on my forehead and places where I've been having acne. I'm also on 40mg/day. I wish you luck. From what I have read and been told, we're on one of the best treatments available (unless you can afford like Hollywood treatment of course haha). Hopefully I won't need all 4/5 months on the medicine too. I know someone who also bad bad acne but only needed it for two months before hers cleared up.
how's it goin? I'm on my 24th day entering my 1month by March10 and I'm getting good results already. Pus-filled zits on my chin are completely gone already. My cheeks lastweek had some eruptions but it only took about 2days and they start to heal on its own. My forehead still very clear, but my doc told me that I would see better results on my 6th week. By the way, my topicals are from AFAs, though i made a thorough research that it's really a big no to use any exfoliants while on accutane, but so far, I don't see anything bad on applying it while on accutane, besides, it's my doctor's instruction and I believe she knows what she's doin for my skin. Although it really stings due to its exfoliating ingredients, but I make it sure I apply it very little to avoid super burnt skin. I am unfortunately bestowed with an extremely oily skin so it really needs to be backed up with some exfoliants while on accutane. For the side effects, I don't get any headaches anymore, only cracked lips and recently some rashes on my arms, but I can manage that. Tons of stories hehehe! So how's it doin so far on your skin?
My forehead cleared up and my chin did, my cheeks are the only problem spots now, i get nosebleeds and driedlips and i have a weird rash on both my hands in the same exact spots.
use a lot of cream all over the body, for the nose try to keep it moisturized
Stick with it! I myself know how severe acne is a huge kick to the self esteem. I took 2 cycles of accutane and I have had great skin ever since. That was over 4 years ago now and I am about to go onto my third cycle 4 years later for a bit of annoying cystic acne. I will tell you, my acne has NEVER returned to the severity it was when I took my first cycle years ago. My skin was never "perfectly clear" but probably 85% clear even years later. Stick with it, I promise you will see results, two weeks is still early. Accutane is a bumpy, emotional road, but it is a miracle. It saved my skin, my self esteem and potentially my life. At 22, and taken accutane when I was 15, I don't know who I would be today if I wasn't able to look in a mirror and see beauty.
Your story really helps mee!
My brother was on Accutane. He was also getting bloody noses. He put Vaseline on a Q Tip and rubbed it around in his nose. It really worked. His acne started clearing up about a month into it. Good Luck!
Thanks man ill try the vaseline and Q tip thing!

I'm 27. I finally took my chances and got into accutane. I'm currently on the beginning of third week. I've seen major difference of my pores. I used to be to see my pores and now it's getting smaller. My lips are constantly dry though and my skin is shedding. I don't mind that though. And what's cool too is that it's also doing the same thing for the rest of my body. My only regret now is that I wish I started when I was younger. Btw, i'm only 5mg/daily