Pearl Laser Not Worth It - New South Wales, Australia

I had pearl laser on some wrinkles and its...

I had pearl laser on some wrinkles and its worthless, it's a complete scam! it's good for the first couple of days then the lines just re-appear and the skin goes back to how it was before. It even says on the form that it may not produce any results at all.

People were right, it is a complete money wasting scam and dont get me started on the down time. It looks disgusting... NEVER again wish i didnt fall for it! All the other ones are meant to be money makers to... with NO RESULTS.

I am only saying what the doctor told me....but, then, he said I had shingles after the procedure. The folliculitis goes away, comes back, is crusty, itchy and red. I feel like I will never be the same, but what else can I do? I won't be on steroids the rest of my life. Has anyone heard of a doctor cutting out the places that are so bad? The one on my eyelid can't be done without surgery, but I would think the few smaller ones on my face could be cut out.
I guess the place where I went called it the Pearl Genesis treatment. I was told mine was different from that. I don't know what happened to me, but one eye is fine and the other is awful. I am using a product from Germany called Blemish Balm by Dr. Schrammek. It has worked wonders.
seems it's always easiest to blame the technology....

Pearl is superficial ~ 100um (sun damage, etc.) - it isn't for deep wrinkles/rhytids

Pearl Fractional (a seperate device) IS for deeper dermal imperfections ~ 1mm (depending on fluence) and works very, very well (either or both should cost significantly more than $200 though)

There is no Pearl Genesis device (though any clinic may name a procedure as such - the company does not)

you should not have to determine you are a bad candidate for nay procedure - your doctor shoujld advise this
Pearl can be fractional or not, depending on the frequency and depth. There is a Pearl Genisis which isn't as deep as the resurfacing (I am quoting the clinic who did mine). I will not do any type of laser again. I have decided after my two month ordeal that I am a bad candidate. There are new products on the market that really do work fairly well. Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free Resurfacing Eye Serum is really good. So is plain old Cetaphil. Just stay out of the sun! I know....I am a Texan, but LaRoche-Posay makes great broad spectrum sunshield.
again, Pearl and Pearl Fractional are 2 seperate device. there is no such thing as "Pearl Genesis" - I know, I work for the company however, as I stated before - perhaps a doctor is calling their procedure this, I would not know.
can someone explain what laser then as there are so meny that will be good for wrinkles an sun damage.

Hi jane,

That sucks, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I wonder if they did the first type of Pearl laser Dr. B Reath, is talking about in his answer to the question in our doctor Q&A, is the Pearl a Fractional Laser? Dr. Reath says it's more superficial and designed for general photo damage, which sounds like not what you wanted. Not sure, but it's a thought. Are you looking into something else now?

-Britt