56yrs in the Heat - New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been doing Sculptra for about 4 years. The...

I have been doing Sculptra for about 4 years. The cost per vial has gone up during that time, and evidently with my age also increasing (I am 56), so does the frequency of my need. I am always satisfied with the results and think my doctor is skilled at the procedure, but they do not last as long as they use to. When I started using Sculptra, I was told that the cost would be high initially, but that the upkeep would be about $500/year. This figure has been left far, far behind. I may even have to spread out return 2 visits per year at $1200 each visit. But that's how much I like the way it looks, (and how naturally thin I am in the face). They've got me. I think stress and illness, and obviously age decreases it's effectiveness, but I would like to find more in depth research about what supplements or activities may actually be disadvantageous in that they may be decreasing the length of the results, because I keep wondering if there's something I'm doing that is making my Sculptra not last as long. I'm not a runner or a high activity person, but I do like to work outside, often in the heat (wearing a hat, of course). It's even possible that when I get overheated and come inside, I look worse. The research I'm finding is vague and seems to be from and about the doctors' work and not much about the patient's lifestyle, eating habits, etc. I would post pictures, but like everyone's they are awful before treatment and great after treatment, and now I am starting to notice a decline in between treatments, over just a few months, that are disheartening.
Florida Dermatologist

The office staff, information, and patient relations is upbeat and positive, with an obvious certain intention in making it so. This is a wonderful thing to be around, but not always exemplary of the exact truth in questions being answered or outcomes being described. The truth is, I don't think they know what outcomes will be because everyone is different, but I do think they have an idea that it will take more $ and more treatments than they are describing in the big picture.