56yrs in the Heat - New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been doing Sculptra for about 4 years. The...

I have been doing Sculptra for about 4 years. The cost per vial has gone up during that time, and evidently with my age also increasing (I am 56), so does the frequency of my need. I am always satisfied with the results and think my doctor is skilled at the procedure, but they do not last as long as they use to. When I started using Sculptra, I was told that the cost would be high initially, but that the upkeep would be about $500/year. This figure has been left far, far behind. I may even have to spread out return 2 visits per year at $1200 each visit. But that's how much I like the way it looks, (and how naturally thin I am in the face). They've got me. I think stress and illness, and obviously age decreases it's effectiveness, but I would like to find more in depth research about what supplements or activities may actually be disadvantageous in that they may be decreasing the length of the results, because I keep wondering if there's something I'm doing that is making my Sculptra not last as long. I'm not a runner or a high activity person, but I do like to work outside, often in the heat (wearing a hat, of course). It's even possible that when I get overheated and come inside, I look worse. The research I'm finding is vague and seems to be from and about the doctors' work and not much about the patient's lifestyle, eating habits, etc. I would post pictures, but like everyone's they are awful before treatment and great after treatment, and now I am starting to notice a decline in between treatments, over just a few months, that are disheartening.
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  I'm surprised you have to get more Sculptra so often, it is suppose to last for up to two years.  Just out of curiosity, have your doctors ever said anything as to why it isn't lasting?

Regardless of that- I'm glad you like the results that you get from it!
Florida Dermatologist

The office staff, information, and patient relations is upbeat and positive, with an obvious certain intention in making it so. This is a wonderful thing to be around, but not always exemplary of the exact truth in questions being answered or outcomes being described. The truth is, I don't think they know what outcomes will be because everyone is different, but I do think they have an idea that it will take more $ and more treatments than they are describing in the big picture.