Breast Lift & Implants -New Philadelphia, PA

I had a beast lift and 325 saline implants. To be...

I had a beast lift and 325 saline implants. To be completely honest to pain & recovery was more than I ever bargained for. The first week was very hard, I had massive swelling, the discomfort and pressure was extremely painful. The second week the edge was taken off, but still very uncomfortable & exhausted. I could not go Back to work. I began massaging them constantly to help my implants descend. In my personal experience I had a lot of anxiety. By week 3 I finally began to feel like myself. I realize having the lift is what caused a lot of my pain. Having both the lift & implants done at the same time saved me money & recovery time, it was harder to recover from than I could imagine. However! Everyone is different & recovers at different time lengths. I'm just returning to work. At the end of the day.....it was completely worth it. Just wished I knew that my recovery would have taken as long as it did.

Ugghh..sounds awful! I'm going in April 12 for the same thing...hope it's not so bad!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your journey on RealSelf. Sounds like the recovery was a bit rough, but worth it in the end. You're right, each person is unique but the more you have done during surgery, the potential for a longer recovery increases. Wishing we could have supported you during your recovery! Was your employer suppportive of your additional time off from work?

I will post some picture soon. To be honest I only took a couple when I was post opp 3 days. My employer was okay with it, but I did get doctors notes for all my time I needed off! However, I had to use all my sick, vacation & personal days! Any vacations or days off will have to be approved & unpaid.

It's been 6 weeks since my procedure and Iam...

It's been 6 weeks since my procedure and Iam feeling great. Worth it in the end even know the beginning was awful.

Everyone is different. You will be fine though, and the end result is completely worth it.