Depressed a Week out

I had a medial thigh lift, lipo , and fat grafting...

I had a medial thigh lift, lipo , and fat grafting to the buttocks. These scars are a week out. I am disappointed and getting depressed. The doctor was saying how well u looked but I don't feel like that. These scars are nasty. I've had a tummy tuck and my breast done and scars are thin, flat, and to the skin not meaty and buckled looking like this?I was told to use bacitracin ointment on the scars. Please help

can't live with these scars these are not even in the crease

3 weeks post-opt scars

I hope these scars close and start to look better. The left side is stinging and burning...bad pain meds does not help.

scar updates

I'n not that thrilled with these scars. I had an appt yesterday with my ps. He took pictures told me I great I look. When I expressed concern with the healing of the scars his response is, "oh you just wait" it's going to look much better. One scar is raised and puffy actually two scars are like that. This man does not acknowledge my feelings and he doesn't recommend anything. He just tells me to message with vitamin e oil. This is totally unacceptable then he asked to see me in 3 months. I am five weeks out from surgery. If any measure needs to be taken as far as improving the scars, is that to late? Shouldn't I be treating the scars now instead of three minths from here? I can't take it anymore. I have scheduled an appointment with my dermatologist.

not thrilled

Scars 5 weeks post opt

why is the left side still raised?

Can someone answer this for me. I am starting to think my ps hit my lymph node. When I massage it feels like swollen balls beneath the cut.

Before Pictures

Before Pictures

my thighs were really flabby and I don't see that much o a difference now I will post some more pics in the same panties

post opt pics 5weeks after surgery

I am sorry that your surgery didn't workout for you but I think I can help please email me at journeyfs@yahoo.com and I wil provided the info that you need
Im sorry about how your surgery went but I think a can help you please email me at journeyfs@yahoo.com and I will provided you went information that will be of help.
Who was your doctor?
Listen don't feel depressed just go to walmart and buy scar cream for .88 or the maderma for like $18.00 they both are the same. Once you do that for an entire year you will see a great big difference. Chin up the worst is over.
I've have many surgeries, including my abdomen snipped. The other dozen and a half or so were due to a disease I had and complications, and my body looks like the Joker got to be or something from how many scars I've got. So I'm pretty personally experienced and, unlike doctor, have no medical reputation to maintain nor business to hope for. So I am unbiased and experienced from a personal standpoint. Sometimes incisions can take a year or more to completely heal and go down to thin lines. Your most recent incisions are how my tummy incisions looked at about the same time post-op. It's now eight months post-op and they really look great. Part of it also has to do with your own healing, and yes, different parts of the body can heal at different rates. For surgeries like this, it can take a year for full swelling to go down. I'm still seeing my belly shrink as the time passes. More healing than the skin has to happen. Your incisions really do look great. I know you were hoping they'd be thin little lines and all swelling would be gone right away, but that's not reality. You really do need patience. I know it's easy to panic and feel like you'll look "ugly" forever (I still worry like that when I have surgery), but please believe me -- you are healing well.
My son had open heart surgery at 7 months old. I was really concerned with his scars being just a baby. I did aot of research on topicals, I'm an engineer so I'm overly proficient especially in research. Check out scarprin. I think u have to get it on their site which I believe is scarprin.com. It has silicone in it which is the trick. Every follow up with cardiology always sparks questions from hospital staff about his scars, barely noticeable and he had a zipper chest. Step mom had both knees replaced and ordered it after my sons results. Not expensive, buy 2 get 1, think the total was around 100. We use it on all of hs toddler mishaps as well
I am scheduled to have my TL procedure on October 24, 2013. I am excited yet nervous. I have had my tummy done already where they took off 18.4 pounds. I am looking for anyone to give me any pointers or advice that I may have overlooked and just plain forgotten about. I have been told I will have to wear a compression garment after surgery however, how does one go to the bathroom with this thing on?? Is it hard to take off and put on??? I would think that it would rub and irritate the incision. I was also told that my incision will be form my vagina to my knee. If anyone can help me or would be willing to be a new friend.. please email me ! Looking so forward to getting this done!!!!
I am lost.. I cannot find my comment.. If anyone sees my comment can u please inbox me and tell me what i am doing wrong...
You must wear that garment ,, the garment is to reduce swelling its called compression , without it at early stages you will balloon. Like I say if it rubs just get some gauges , there white square light material dab beta dine on them and place over the top then wear garment to hold in place use tape but cut 2 pieces and place each end, don't use one strip as this puts pressure onto the scar ,, I've found a gem of body washes by imperial leather cucumber and aloe Vera,,, it's a clear gel with no perfumes has lots of healing properties in it and is only cheap,, buy this , if your doc has given ointment use it lightly and don't add any more oils to it,, beta dine is a brown liquid and brilliant for scars at an early stage,,, stop thinking creams ,,, all you need to do is squirt beta dine on a gauze and apply !
Ok will do I have betadine already!
2Muchmaintenance, my scars look like yours and my left side is worse also. The right side is thin and healing well and the left side is raised and swollen and meaty looking. i still use the bacitracin 2 times a day and i started wearing spanx on thursday. I have another endermology treatment next week. I am still VERY swollen
I hope so I asked about your but because from the sides it looked flat but from behind it looked awesome, I thought you had work done.

Hi there, welcome!

We do have an Ask a Doctor feature, where you can submit your question to be answered by board certified Thigh Lift surgeons. This may be helpful for you!

Please do keep us updated on your progress and I hope you get good results soon!

I didn't have that procedure I want it I had a body lift I am african american. Get gelzone as soon as the sutures are taken out! You have to order it its a com pression silicone I would cut it and wrap each leg. Its only been a week use alot of ice packs as much as you can I think i used ice packs for a month. Even while at my desk
Give it a little longer to heal. Keep it moist. I used Neosporin and massage them. Scar guard strips when doc says you can. The cuts were made in tender areas they will be different than your others. I'm considering a thigh lift as well. Keep us posted.
Will do. I've been rubbing bscitracin ointment and vitamin E oil together moisturizing the incisions. Do you have any other recommendations?
Lb36...looks like we are in the same boat. Had my TL on 9-4 and my scars looka lot like yours. go to Dr. On Monday to get stitches out and he said once that happens the scars will settle and begin to flatten. Right now the stitches are keeping them aggravated. I have been using the bacitracin 2 times a day but no compressions yet. How is your pain level and swelling?
I'm not swelling. The pain isn't that bad. I took the garment off and my legs feel funny once I get the staples out I will compress with the garment, now my cycle came down with these staples. I don't even know where to begin. :(
My pain is tolerable, but the swelling is horrible. i left the hospital with no garment and no drains. He said i didnt need them, so that was good for me i suppose. My thighs look like tree trunks and they still rub when I walk. I think that's where the mental part comes in. i just told someone else that My mind knows its a process, but my eyes want to see results NOW! Hence...Mrs. impatient..Lol...
I think you are doing all the right things. I would swell off and on for 4 months. Limiting salt and actually walking around helped. I would swell initially but it went away faster than my friends that didn't get up and move. You're gonna love your results.
Aww I can't believe you don't have any drains wow. my legs are not really swollen at all. I guess because I did wear the garment the first 6 days and I did have the drains, I had three they took two out.
how did everything go at the dr today
When I have my done closes real fast but the stitches were inside and just tape outside, but I use Sulpha Powder prescribe by my Dr. This is a Spanish remedie but is good. And use dose Silicine tapes helps a lot with apparience .God Bless everithing be fine trust god.
That is thru one the stitches come out , start putting silicon tape you will see
That is not a good idea taking the garment off