Tired of Being Tired - New Orleans, LA

Every since I can remember I've always been larger...

Every since I can remember I've always been larger than everyone I was around. I was embarrassed by this and was a very shy child and always kept my head down and kinda stayed out of the way. I didn't have any boyfriends in school and attended my junior and senior prom alone. I'm going to fast forward this story to my four marriages in which each one cheated on me and ended in divorce. My last husband was very verbally abusive towards me. Always commenting on my weight and even putting me through different diets he would read about and even paying for me to join a weight loss clinic. Nothing worked and he became very angry because I couldn't loss the weight. After our marriage was over I was determined that I was going to prove to him that I could lose the weight without him nagging me about it. Of course it didn't happen and I ended up gaining more weight.
I met a friend that I became quite fond of and was so overwhelmed that he would even be my friend that I soon stop thinking about my weight. I soon started noticing
that I was getting tired a lot just from walking a short distance and my knees would hurt all the time. I went to my doctor for the pain a found out I was almost 300 lbs and I almost burst into tears. After that I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror. My doctor referred me to a surgeon for weight loss and so began my journey.
I went through all the steps and was approved for surgery. I didn't tell anyone I was having the surgery except my close family members. I had a few complications with the surgery but I'm finally pain free now and doing good dieting and exercising. On yesterday I sent my friend a picture and he text back saying I looked good. Words I thought I'd never hear. I feel very motivated to keep trying hard to be successful!
I'm 5 weeks post op and have lost 29lbs.

Jst4me, Congratulations! You are doing great. Keep us posted. GOD BLESS!
Hi Jst4me, I feel for you and understand what you were going through before surgery. Be proud of what you have achieved and the current weight loss is enough to spur you on to loose more and gain more self esteem. I have having mine on the 21st June. So I am pre op dieting and still struggling. Hope my demons will be over soon. JLO
Thanks for the words of encouragement JLO. Hopefully you can battle your demons and come thru it all like a champ!
JLO, hope it went well. Jst4me, it's the best thing I ever did :) I'm so happy right now.
Great job keep up the work.
Thank you.
Welcome and congratulations, you're doing an awesome job!

You can already see a difference in your shape, and you look good. You can do this and we'll all be there to support you! What stage are you at with foods now? Are you onto solid foods?
I'm on solid foods now. It's a struggle everyday trying to choose something that taste good to me. Everything taste so different to me now. I eat watermelon everyday now because I seem to love it.
It is weird how our taste and body changes after surgery. I can't tolerate eggs, or red meat at all now. I mostly eat chicken, turkey, vegetables, salad, cheese, etc. If I want a sweet treat I'll do sugar free pudding, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, etc.

It definitely gets old, trying to find things to eat that keep you interested in food. But it's worth it, for me, to get healthier and feel better about myself. :-)
It's starting to feel worth it for me too. It sounds like you and I are eating the same foods.
How often are you eating and how much per portion?
It's seems like I'm hungry a lot now. So I normally eat something every 2 hours. I only eat 3 small meals a day which I usually don't eat all of. I have fruits, yogurt, or jello for snacks.
Good for you! You look great!keep us updated.Im very happy for you
Thank you.
Btw a doorway is a great place to take a pic! You can see how much smaller you are, I can see the handle!
Thanks AllieGB!
Lol.....I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. I can see the handle in the after pic.
I love your review. I know you'll continue to do great because you deserve it.. You'll have the last laugh my friend!
I know you have heard everything you struggle through makes you stronger. I can see you are a strong woman, you are doing great, stay motivated and keep your eye on the prize.. Your happiness!
Thank you! I'm trying very hard. I've shed some tears but I'm determined to make it and I believe I can do this.