Labiaplasty - New Orleans, LA

I have always hated my Vag due to my uneven labia...

I have always hated my Vag due to my uneven labia minora. I found out about the surgery and decided to have it after a lot of research. So far, Im glad I did. It is now day 5 and I am experiencing minor pain and swelling. I have to wear a liner in case of discharge or blood. I returned to work 2 days later because I have a very easy job. My follow up appointmwent is on the 22nd. I will keep you posted.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Try spell check sometimes.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

update

Everything is great, I am absolutely satisfied.
Lol , that's awesome ! Sorry for the spelling ! Circumcision is the right word :-) Yes you are right it's non of my business I guess , but being a feminist I feel its my duty to spread awareness among young girls ! Be wise with money ! We are going through great economic depression and saving money for essential things rather than (patching up on insecurity issues ) is more wise ! I would understand it if it made a difference in sexual arousal but it does not ! On the contrary it might decrease sensitivity , so why do it ! Esthetically its not even nicer ! Anyways I apologize if I hurt your feelings but I hope you understand that my mission is to save other girls from this useless procedure which at the end of the only pay off the surgeon's expenses and adds to his luxury lifestyle ! I am shaking my head now , doctors ought to be more ethical
This surgery actual adds dramatically to the physical comfort and sexual pleasure of many women. Speaking as a woman with long labias I can attest that it is very uncomfortable to do many physical activities and sex can be very painful because the lips get pulled in and pinched constantly. For me I am getting the surgery purely based on physical comfort so don't make assumptions when you haven't really read the facts about why most women get this procedure. On insurance it can be very affordable. Mine cost $44. And it is not nice to say that aesthetically it is not nicer because some women don't have a choice if they want to avoid pain and discomfort. I am a feminist by the way yet I will take any surgery that will provide me more comfort and pleasure at minimal risk.
please stop talking, you're making the rest of us feminists look a lot stupider. The whole point of feminism is being able to do exactly what you want with your body, because it is YOURS. Whether this is body modifications, crazy hair, piercings, or cosmetic surgeries like this one, it is HER CHOICE. As long as she is happy and satisfied with the result, then there is absolutely no problem here. Because it does not affect you. At all. You do not have to "warn young girls" off of anything; they can do whatever they damn well please. The problematic part comes in when they feel pressured to change themselves due to outside sources. You're no feminist at all, because you are making the same damn mistake that misogynists do: assume that everything a woman does to herself is for the pleasure of men. Newsflash: women don't do that. Largely they dress and wear makeup and cut their hair for THEMSELVES. Because that's what they want to look like. End of story. To Miss Nicelady: You go girl! Turned out great, and I'm happy there were no complications for you. As a person with a long labia, I've got to agree with cocosette... going "commando" as well as some physical activities are a damn pain; maybe I'll be able to afford something like this one day. Chafing sucks. :/

Almost 2 months later

Looking at this pic, I realized I was a little swollen. As I said before, I had very little discomfort.
Nicelady: Good job handling all the crazy comments.. i got nothing like that on my post, crazy people! I had a muchh different experience than you- i can not believe how quickly you healed. I did mine purely for cosmetic reasons. Whose business is it?? Yours looks great. I hope my revision goes as well as yours.
Thanks. I also toom vitamin C tablets to speed up the healing. Also, my job is VERY laid back.
Hi there!! Well dne 4 doin sumfin that made u feel better!! Never mind they bloody ideot's,tell them 2 get a life of their own!! Ur pic's look's gd & uv obv had a gd surgeon!! A wuda dne the same!! All the best xx

4 months later

I am doing great now. No more discomfort, no more crazy streams of pee going everywhere when urinating (lol), no discomfort during sex! I can go comando without pinching and irritating my labia. Most of all, my self image has improved a lot. I would reccomend this to anyone who is dealing with discomfort and embarrassment due to long labia.
Hi nicelady. although my question is a bit late I really hope you read it. I've been thinking about getting this surgery & I'm in the process of researching drs. I wanted to know if you had the wedge of trim method performed?
Hello Orchid,if I'm not mistaken I had the wedge method. My surgeon was very good and I healed up pretty quickly.
thank you for getting back to me so quickly. your surgeon did a fantastic job!!!
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon