32 Years Old 1 Child 38 DD .....i Think? - New Orleans, LA

I went from a petite size B after birth control...

I went from a petite size B after birth control and a child & breastfeeding to a DD.....last i check..... I'm looking forward to the breast reduction still waiting for the insurance to approve.... I know it would change my life I recently just had neck surgery... I'm tired of the pain in the neck and shoulder im always rubbing Icy Hot, on my shoulders... the stories on this website has been very inspiring.... have anyone else have to deal with insurance and how long has the approval process been?
Still waiting should know something by mid May
Welcome to the community.  You will feel pretty amazing once this is done.  Your story sounds the same as mine!  It's just not fair that the girls have to grow as we age.

I am hoping you hear back quickly from the insurance company.  They are all a little different with approval times.
Thank you....i have to wait another week...but i call everyday..lol just cant wait...to be on da road to recovery already....are u waiting to?

I Got Approved

I finally got approved now waiting on a surgery date.....do anyone have any suggestions on the things I should buy for after surgery
Congratulations! The members of this site have given some excellent suggestions for post surgery. You will need some Tylenol to help with pain mgmt even though you will get prescription meds from the PS. Bring a pillow for the ride home to put against your chest & seat belt so you don't feel every bump on the road. You will also need some comfortable sportswear that hook in the front. Can get some Hanes ones at walmart for $8. But other women have recommended several other bra just search the site. Also you will want some extra gauze badges. Once your incisions are healed you will want to get some bio oil. Get some comfortable sleep shirts & regular shirts that button in the front. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Meant sports bras :-) that hook in the front
thank you so much I'm going to pick up those things now

Surgery date is in!!

My breast surgery date will be June 19th I'm so excited it hasn't sunk in yet

pre opt appointment

Had my pre opt today 17 days left!
Congratulations! One thing I didn't have which was very helpful was a bigger mirror I could hold to look at my incisions and apply tape, etc. My bathroom counters are high and of course, bending leaning up isn't really a good idea after the surgery. I have some bio oil stuff too. And I really wish I would have been more diligent about moisturizing before surgery.
Good luck, read my review for a normal recovery account

surgery done and over!!!!

I had my survey today @7 :30 am I had to be there for 6 o'clock so I got up at 4:30 got there everybody was professional and friendly my surgery was done Oshner hospital on jefferson hwy....that was a little nervous um but everyone said the surgery went fine ....woke up in pain!!! it took a min b4 the staff could find the right amount of pain management to get my pain under control....I stayed in the first stage of recovery for 2 hours that's when no family can visit then I got a second stage a recovery stayed there for about an hour b4 release.....I move a lot no reaching but I will stand walk around...I think its helping no bad swelling can't see them yet can take a shower in 48 hours ...can't wait...but without seeing them I can feel the change no neck pain anymore!!!! I've went the whole day without cracking my neck once!!! I went small I told to Dr. I wanted a size B think he did it....will put up pics when I can take a shower...til then here's my b4 and surgical pictures

side note

What's the best way to sleep on my 1st nite
Welcome to the OTHER SIDE ! You will find SO MUCH RELIEF ! peediewife Has her own little Formula for Pillows and how to make a Little Nest out of them ! Let us all know how you are doing !

new pics

I love em...I wasn't expecting for them to look like regular breast yet but they look more more like regular breast as the days go by
I hate these drains!!!!!!! Hope to get them out Wed
I hope I don't have to get drains. Everybody speaks so badly about them.
they serve a purpose it keeps the swelling of the breast down but i can't wait to get them out

new pics

You look great!

one more pic

they look great! congratulations on your surgery:)
Thanks
You look great!!! Nice shape and not too big. Perfect :)

swollen veins

So I'm 4 weeks into my healing sage...when I start to notice an achy feeling..right under my breast...asked my nurse what could it be....and she told me it was swollen veins that happens sometimes after your breast reduction....that it will heal itself.... Have anyone else ...who may have dealt with this?
omg ur result look awesome.. yaaaay I cant wait I hope I get approved
Thank u....you will
Your result is excellent, you must be super happy. congratulations on being brave and going for it.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Was very nice.... put me at ease instantly