Disappointed... - New Orleans, LA

A cosmetic dermatologist talked me into this as a...

A cosmetic dermatologist talked me into this as a way to reduce the beginnings of jowls and an undefined jawline. I'm thin and only in my 40's, but have had chubby cheeks my whole life. Well, guess what -- those cute chubby cheeks are now heading south, and I don't like it! I really should have gone with a facelift, but it seemed so soon.

I was told I needed 4 sessions; when the doctor didn't see enough difference, she prescribed 2 more. I wasn't happy about this, as I'd already gone into significant debt to pay for the first 4 sessions. After 2 more sessions, still no difference! I wish I'd saved my money. As for the treatment itself, it wasn't painful at all - my technician was great -- and was even relaxing. The heat isn't even to the point of discomfort, in my experience.

I wish I had pics to post, but my doctor was running so late (over an hour) for both follow-up appointments that I had to leave and re-schedule. I was supposed to receive a call to re-schedule the photos (again), but never got one. Oh well, nothing much to see anyway. Save your money!

My doctor is very well-known and respected, and I think she knows what she's doing. However, her manner can be brusque, I've heard her scold staff, and she has made some unprofessional comments. I'd like to think I won't have to go back, but she has the most up-to-the-minute technology in her field and can perform procedures and provide treatments that I haven't been able to find elsewhere.