So Far, I Love It - New Orleans, LA

I have always had large breasts for my frame. For...

I have always had large breasts for my frame. For the average american, I was only two cup sizes bigger [DD], but for my small 4'10" 95 pound frame, I was uncomfortable and unhappy with my body.

At first I could do sports, but as they got bigger it restricted my breathing and being able to do anything. So after I turned 19, I finally decided it's what I wanted to do. As of yet, I'm so much happier. It's definitely different looking down and not seeing them right away, I usually could see them just glancing, but now, I have to bend my neck down to see them.

There are no cons as of yet. There are only pros. I'm so much happier now, and while I'm only 1 day after the surgery I'm already feeling so much better about myself. I'm quite sore still, but I still have more ability than I would have ever had if I kept my old big breasts. Definitely go for it if you think you'll have a better life. Because you will.

I am no 5 days post op, I still have swelling and...

I am no 5 days post op, I still have swelling and am now dealing with the itching as the nerves grow back, but having looked at them better I still love them. They definitely will be perky instead of old sacks.

I am now over a month post op, about 5 weeks...

I am now over a month post op, about 5 weeks almost 6 weeks. The only problem I have is that I have a slight indentation that both my PS and a couple of other people [Kimmers25 :) ] have helped me with and told me that it should resolve itself.

I do realize that it's only 5-6 weeks so I do realize that it will take time, but I do worry because to me it's very obvious, but to others it's not so much.
New Orleans Bariatric Surgeon

Very understanding, and listens to what you want. She does also look at your body and makes sure the size you want to go down to will fit you. I wanted to go quite small and she realized that if she went down to the size I wanted I wouldn't be looking normal. So she's smart and careful with what she's doing. She's done over 300 surgeries and had very many positive results.

Congratulations!   I bet your back and neck feel amazing now:)

The swelling will go down over the next 6-12 weeks and the shape will take place gradually.  My itching lasted for a while so hang tight.  Itching is good; that means you are healing.

I'm glad you had such a positive experience. Being able to move the way you want is so important in life, and now you have your whole adulthood to enjoy it! Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf!