Breast Reduction - Toronto, ON

Having any kind of surgery is life changing so...

Having any kind of surgery is life changing so I’d first like to say if you are considering having any kind of surgery done do your research first and go to your consultation so you can meet your doctor and be properly informed and then make the decision yourself. Saying that I would like to say that I had a wonderful experience, when I first approached my doctor about having a breast reduction I was referred to a doctor in Barrie, when I went to my consultation I was very uncomfortable and felt like he didn’t take me seriously. I still however booked my surgery date which was for a year and a half later, because I didn’t get a good feel about this doctor I started to do my research and knew four people who went and had a breast reduction done by Dr. Van Vliet so I went back to my doctor and asked to be re-referred. Immediately when I walked into her office I knew I made the right decision the friendly staff made it very welcoming and once I met Dr. Van Vliet she gave me all the information I needed and answered any questions I had without making me feel uncomfortable or stupid. I was able to get in for my surgery less then 3 months later and the day of the surgery the staff at South Lake hospital were amazing, the nurses and the anesthetist eased any worry that I had that day and when Dr. Van Vliet came in she assured me that everything would go smoothly and what to expect for recovery. After my surgery I had minimal pain and was back to work in two weeks, over the course of the next 2 months the bruising and puckering went away and my breast filled out in shape. I am extremely happy and satisfied with my results and was fortunate enough to have this covered by OHIP. I would like to thank Dr. Van Vliet and her staff for the wonderful experience and opportunity and if I decide to have anything done in the future she will be the first one I approach and would highly recommend her to anyone.
Sincerely,
Bailey

Thank you for sharing, I'm glad your experience was so great!

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Van Vliet was very welcoming and listened to any concerns or questions I had regarding my surgery with out making me feel uncomfortable or stupid, she informed me of the good and bad that come along with having this type or surgery and what to expect during recovery. The day of my surgery Dr. Van Vliet alleviated any concerns I had and the staff at South Lake hospital made it a great experience.