I Have a New Life Thanks to my Gastric Bypass (video)

Weighing 22 stone (308lb) at 5'7" and...

Weighing 22 stone (308lb) at 5'7" and having diabetes, injecting insulin 4 times a day the future looked very bleak. I was then thrown a lifeline by my GP who referred me for a gastric bypass.

I had to jump through many hoops and eventually had surgery 18 months later. I have not looked back since. I am one year post surgery and have lost eight and a half stone (119lb) and feel fabulous. I have energy, confidence and more importantly a future.

My before-and-after video slideshow:

Dr. V. Jain

He is excellent and caring and has never lost a patient.

So happy for your success. I also have Diebetes and am scheduled for RNY in January. I am hopeful that this will help (if not reverse) my diebetes. I also have a host of other endocrine issues. My question is, did you reverse your diebetes and get off all your meds? Thanks.

You're looking good and I can tell you're also feeling good. You've done well and should be proud of yourself. Keep it up!

We reference this post in our blog, thank you for the inspiration

You look great.
I just wanted to say you look so happy now and your doing a great job. I am looking into having surgery and I am really worried about everything. I have two children who are 7 and 2 right now and Im worried that if I do this surgery I wont be the same. If there is any information or if you could answer some of my questions that would be great. But anyways bless you, your doing a great job and Im so happy for you and your new life.
I am very happy for you......you look wonderful too!