Zapped by a Lightening Bolt Pain! - New Jersey

I read everyone’s review AFTER I had made an...

I read everyone’s review AFTER I had made an appointment, and was starting to think about backing out of it. I am 52 and have had upper lids and brows done and I am not ready to go under the knife again. So I thought this would be a great way to prolong that for a few more years. With the appointment already set I charged forward. I did it on a Thursday late day and took off Friday just in case. Listen ladies…when we talk about pain…we mean it. It’s like getting zapped with electricity over and over again. You can stand a few zaps, but after a while the tears were coming. Soon, I was crying (sobbing) just to get through it. I had two of my three children by natural childbirth (not by choice – they came too fast) and I thought this procedure was VERY painful and more so than having another child. OK…so maybe I forgot how bad that childbirth pain really was…time does that to you. And so does this. Once the procedure is over you are not in that kind of pain…however my face along my jaw was tender and still is. I have not burns, nor did my face turn red as I have read in other reviews. I took 1400mg of ibuprofen as told beforehand and I was given 6 shots on my face. The only part I could really feel was numb was my chin area. It felt like when you go to the dentist and have your mouth numbed for a filling. Remember I was sobbing with the pain and so the shots must have been a Godsend to still have that much pain. The results…Its only been 2 days..but immediately a large wrinkle line running parallel down my cheek and the start of some craping effect of my skin on the check was gone. Like time, I am sure my story will soften the blow of the pain and time will dismiss the severity of it…..but I know that I will not do it again. Pretty is as pretty does….but gee why does it always have to be so painful?

My doctor was great, prompt, explained it all to me and she told that it was painful...guess I was thinking I could handle it.

Dang, a lightening bolt to the face - yikes! Glad you were able to push through & do the entire treatment, and especially glad to hear you are seeing good results. If you went through that much pain you certainly deserve to see some change!!

Please continue to keep us updated on what you are seeing & your thoughts on the treatment.