4 weeks post up Monday...new pics

Hi everyone, I am a 33 year old mother of a...

Hi everyone, I am a 33 year old mother of a wonderful 8 year old boy. I've been wanting to get a tummy tuck since after giving birth and realizing all the stretch marks I had. Last year was a a very tragic year for my family and I. My loving husband passed away from a brain aneurysm unexpectedly at 37. Our plans and family were destroyed overnight. His year anniversary was just on Monday .

I made the decision to finally do this for myself in January. Found a doctor and scheduled the procedure. My emotions are mixed, excited, nervous...just want to pu this behind me. I will keep you all updated! Wish me luck!

Why am I not able to upload photos?

Why am I not able to upload photos?

Omg! Honestly didn't think it would be this...

Omg! Honestly didn't think it would be this painful. My dad had to practically carry me in my house. Sitting on my recliner and feeling better now. Have myndoc appt tomorrow. Will post before and hopefully some afters after my appt for sure.mhave taken two of Pain meds so far and have not made me sleepy. Hopefully I can sleep tomorrow. Worried about my son seeing me like this when he wakes up. Glad it's behind me though.

Ohhh what a journey...I'm 10 days PO and feeling...

Ohhh what a journey...I'm 10 days PO and feeling pretty good. still very swollen and feel sore, but really starting to feel like myself again. Almost walking completely upright at this point. drove my son to his little league game today (first time driving since surgery) and no complaints. start work again on Monday so hoping that my swelling goes down a bit so that i can possibly fit into some work clothing. I'm so swollen that nothing fits. so depressed.

Well it's almost 4 weeks post op and physically...

Well it's almost 4 weeks post op and physically I'm almost back to normal. I've been working since 2 weeks post up and have been really tired. Not happy about my results yet, but hoping the swelling starts going down soon. I will probably need a scar revision as I think my scar is pretty high and not straight. My mons is sooo high and still so swollen :( hoping for the best. I still have stretch marks thought most would be gone. I feel bigger then before surgery and it stinks. I feel like other tummy Tucker's results at 4 weeks are way different and swelling not as bad. Just have to wait and see what happens. I'm starting scar therapy on Monday and hope it helps with my scar.

When did you all start seeing significant results? I know it takes months and I need to be patient, but I feel like I still have loose skin in my abdomen. Also loose skin where lipo was performed. I wear a CG all day just take off to shower. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for all your feedback!!!

Your results look great. You are only a month out so no where near the end result...Just remember this is a long process...the one thing we have to learn is patience...things will change as time goes by...hang in there...
I'm sorry...six weeks not 16.
I don't think your doing anything wrong. It takes time for the skin to retract just keep being patient. Most surgeons will tell you it can take up to 1 yr to see final results since everyone is different. Has your cg gotten looser since surgery? You should tighten it to adjust to your shrinking abdomen. I started flattening out about 16 weeks
I am about 8 months post op and although I do not feel or look swollen I had to pull my belt tighter this week. I was told it takes atleast one year to see final results, so hang in there. That binder is a real b*tch but so worth it. You eventually get so used to it that it takes your body a few days to get used to not having it on anymore. I kept mine on for 16 weeks 24hrs. Removing only to wash it and for showers. Good luck during your recovery and my condolences on the loss of your husband.
Thanks mimi877...I can't wait to start seeing results!
Thanks LexC...I've been wearing a Marena CG since day 1...so uncomfortable. however, I wear it all day long! Still can't believe i actually went through with the surgery! Can't wait to get to the point where I don't have to wear a CG! Happy healing to you!!!
Go back to bed!
Hey girl! I am right there with you on the swelling and I am 15 days PO. I believe swelling will go up and down for at least 3 months PO. I have found that wearing my original white binder over a Flexees brand compression garment to sleep, really gets me flat. Good luck and happy healing!
I'm glad its all over with. Yes it is painful after a tt surgery. It is very intense. Hang in there! It will be all over soon and once your body is back to normal, you will see how beautiful your tummy looks. :)
Hang tuff girl it will be worth it!!!!
Ps. Sorry for all the typos
God Bless you and your family. So glad you are doing something for yourself. We as women don't do it enough. My prayers for your sx, you will be fine for God is with you. Happy healing.
You really don't get over the loss of a loved one when they past away. I too had lost my husband in 2004 from Cancer. and I had my tt in 2006. I thought I would be able to get my self rejuvenated and get over the lost, but I was wrong. I went into a deep depression and still until this day suffers from it with anxiety. I'm glad you are doing this for you and not for no one else. Good luck and god bless!
I am sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how difficult that would be to get over. I am excited you're doing something for yourself! I wish you the best during your surgery and happy healing! Mine is 4/11.
I wish you the best!
Good luck
Best of luck with your tt. It's the best thing I did for myself in my life. No regrets. You will love your journey.
Thank u all so much. I'm pretty sure I'm done having kids. I've been trying to upload pictures from my ipad, but have been unable to. Will try posting some tonight.
Sending you tons of positive vibes! Good luck to you! :-)
How about some before pics?
Boy after all you've gone thru you need to do something just for yourself. Make sure you're done having children because getting pregnant will really cause havoc with your TT/
God bless you and your family. Good luck to you!
God bless u ... I wish u all the luck. .. mine is on the 5th we need to keep in touch