14 Days Post Op - Voorhees, NJ

Aside from the expected post op pain and fatigue,...

Aside from the expected post op pain and fatigue, so far excellent. Seemingly very competent and receptive surgeon with highly qualified and available staff. However, must wait several months to decide whether or not I'm pleased with the final result (already pleased with clothes on).

First week post op is tough. Was on percocet for the first three days post op, then just Tylenol. Had to take lots of stool softeners to prevent constipation from the percocet. Very difficult walking upright for about a week, which resulted in some moderate back pain. Still somewhat swollen and variably sore, which I have judged to be normal based on online info. Worst problem at this stage is getting a good night's sleep with the binder on, though this may be specific to me, since my sleep is easily disturbed. I return to work in 2-3 days and expect to be fully ready.

I'm 13 days since tummy tuck, muscle repair and liposuction on my flanks. I must day the experience has been great compare to some of the previous blogs. The first 3 days were tough. Getting in and out of bed was difficult. I was glad for the Percocet. By day 4 I started to feel better. Getting out of bed was easy and I started to take Tylenol. The only pain I felt after the first 3 days were low back pain from being hunched over. On day 6 was my first post opt appointment. I was able to get mt drains out because I was only draining 10cc on the right and under 20cc on the left. After my drains were remove my PS put me in a compression garment and immediately my back pain went away. I actually went back to work that Wednesday which 1 week after my surgery.
Today I'm still wearing my compression garment which is my biggest pain but I know it is benefiting me. I have swelling in my upper abdomen and flanks were the drains were and we're I had lipo done. Bit do far I am happy with my results. I can't wait to see the final results.
I live in Berlin and am getting a full TT with lipo on flanks and inner thighs on Wednesday. I went with Dr Sorokin in Cherry Hill...hope he's good. Sounds like things aren't to bad. I'm wondering about the sleep as well as I don't have a recliner. Did you sleep in your bed or on the sofa? Good luck going back to work and hope your back to feeling yourself soon!
Wow, you are going back to work early just like me. How are you doing?
Dr. Brett Garber