stay clear of dysport - New Jersey

I decided to try try dysport to eliminate some...

I decided to try try dysport to eliminate some nagging (and, in retrospect, insignificant) lines around my eyes. On day 9, I went to watch a dance performance. I was trying to focus on the stage and couldn't quite make out the faces of the dancers. I thought it was allergies. At home, I noticed that things that are normally clear to me seemed blurry. The clincher occurred the following morning. I got in my car to drive to work and the cars were fuzzy, I felt dizzy and realized i was seeing the images in front of me in duplicate.

I went to see my eye doctor. I had every test in the book, including an MRI. All normal.

Conclusion: Dysport!

Although my doctor said "no way" and then changed his opinion to "maybe, could happen but never has he seen it" and ultimately, "sorry" I am saddened that it was not made clear to me that this side effect was a possibility. Yes, I should have done my homework and maybe I would have chosen not to inject poison into my face but I was enamored with the thought of looking younger and fresher (I am 51).

Conclusion: NEVER AGAIN.

Advise: Do your homework weigh benefits against risks. Take into consideration even the most remote side effects.

P.S. I don't necessarily blame my doctor. My doctor, a plastic surgeon, performed my reconstructive surgery after mastectomy. He was wonderful. I blame the DYSPORT and ultimately I blame myself!

My doctor has always been wonderful, caring, and professional. He even tried to talk me out of cosmetic procedures.