Pre Tummy Tuck and Nervous/excited

After years of having a "pouch",thanks...

After years of having a "pouch",thanks to hereditary, 2 c sections and a 25lb weight loss, I finally decided to take the plunge. I met with my ps last night and am so nervous and excited.

I am thrilled to find this site and hopefully get honest answers and opinions as we go through this. I don't have a date set but it looks like I will have to wait until June. My husband does a lot of traveling for work and it won't calm down until then.

My first question is do those of you who have gone through this think it's a good idea to wait until he can be home for weeks at a time?

I have decided to wait until June. I set a date on June 7th. I am so excited/nervous!! I am slightly worried that my summer will pretty much suck with recovery but I can't wait to have this done. thanks for asking
Hi there, Just wondering if you've decided to go through with the tummy tuck or if you're waiting until June? :)
I had my tummy tuck last Wednesday, March 25th, 2010. I am 32 years old and I have three boys ages 9-5-3. My husband was very supportive and I was so glad I had him home. He returned to work yesterday and I wish he was still home. I am lucky though because my mother in law and my mother are here. Everyday it gets better, I always thought I had a high pain tollerance but I guess I was wrong. I don't want to discourage you but be prepared. I'm on day 4 and still sleeping in my lazy boy, and still can't walk up straight. My mother in law pulled out the pain pump on Friday and I didn't feel anything. I still have the drainage pump until Tuesday but it's not bothering me much. The worst of it is my hips where the stitches end. My plastic surgeon told me I had a very long torso therefore I am very tight and maybe that is why the pain is worse than I was prepared for. On that note I only took pain killers for the first two days before bed and none during the day. And I haven't taken anything at all since. I was feeling a little depressed about my decision but my plastic surgeon re assures me that these are normal feelings and that once I see the final results I will be supper happy. Best of luck with your decision to have a tummy tuck, by the way I also had my thighs done while I was at it, and besides a little bruising that part doesn't bother me.