Phenol Peel Under Eyes and Around Mouth - New Jersey, NJ

I had a phenol peel done under my eyes and around...

I had a phenol peel done under my eyes and around my mouth five weeks ago. The skin under my eyes is still bright red and I am not so concerned about that. What worries me is the texture. The skin is very bumpy under both eyes and there are two raise fine lines under my left eye and one raised fine line under my right eye. I have gone back to the dermatologist every week since the peel for follow-up. He tells me that it will resolve in time. Dr's always want to give you positive feedback. I'm so worried that it will remain this way. Has anyone had this happen after a phenol peel? Does it get better?

Phenol Peel Under eyes and around mouth

It's been 7 weeks since my phenol peel and it's not healing well. Still very red and bumpy texture skin under eyes with raise scar.

phenol peel under eyes and around mouth

Hi Bobbi, I was wondering how your peel turned out. I live in NJ and I am thinking of having one done on my chin area. Did it leave a demarcation line? Do you mind if I ask who your doctor was?
It's been seven months and I'm not completely healed. The skin under my eyes is very tender and fragile. Skin is still flaking and inflamation comes and goes. Also, the skin was left with a bumpy texture. But the lines are gone. I looked through the Dr.'s portfolio of clients that had this work done by him and was very impressed. Everyone's skin is different and no one can guarantee what the outcome will be.
Thank you Bobbi. I'm sure it will all work out. Do you have demarcation lines and did your skin turn bright white?
No demarcation line. Phenol peel was done under eyes and a Jessner/TCA peel all over the rest of my face. The jessner/TCA peel did nothing to improve my skin but the color of my skin is blended.
Thanks for all the feedback BobbiH. I wish it was just my eyes I had to worry about. For me it's the whole mouth and chin area where the doctor turned the laser up too high and left me with holes and lines all over that area.
I had a phenol peel to my lower eyes about 12 years ago. At first it took about 14 days to be healed to the point it was going to stay for awhile, which was bright red. It is a lot easier to hide under the eyes , when going out, because you can at least wear big glasses. It takes about 3 months to fade and then the area is much whiter than your face. Again easier to hide than other places on your face with make-up. To even out the line of delineation, and you will have one, I had a light peel done to the rest of my face. This was no big deal and it took about 6-7 days to heal. My under eye area looks perfect now and I am glad I did this procedure. It's been 12 years and I still have NO wrinkles under my eyes. They look to be those of a 35 year old, and I'm 52.
I'm 7 weeks out from having my under eyes done...I have the same problem. Crazy redness...left eye almost has a patch of hyper-pigmentation too or port wine looking stain that I can't cover. Raised scars in the form of lines and some bumpy ones on the left eye. I'm petrified. It looks better than it did but wondering how it will heal, if ever.
I too, had a difficult time and worried about recovery from this issue. I am now 5 months out, getting better every day, very little coverup needed now. Don't give up!
What about all of the fine wrinkles? When I smile I have a ton wrinkles. 13 week out now. Scared I'm going to continue to have old lady eyes. I will be posting all of my pictures from beginning to now soon.
I'm not having a problem with any wrinkles....would love to see your photos.
Hi, Could you tell me how your phenol peel went? thank you.
Bad at first, then I had an allergic reaction to a cream, took awhile to get over all of that. Now all is ok, just took longer due to the allergic reaction.
Mine took about 7 months for that to go away. Now, it's fine.
Did it do the job you hoped it would? Did it remove all of your wrinkles, etc.? did you now have a white look or waxy look? Some doctors have told me that can happen. Thank you for all your help.
It's been seven months since my peel under eyes and still not completely healed. Some redness, but very bumpy texture to skin. I was told that it affected the glands under my eyes. It has affected me terribly and I'm so hoping that it will improve with time. I also have lots of lines under eyes when I smile only. Otherwise, no lines.
I'm sure the bumpy texture will go away. Did you have a lot of lines to begin with? Most of my lines are on the lower half of my face. How is the color of your skin? thank you.
I did have lines before, the color has returned to normal, no concealer needed. After the peel, my skin was rough, now it is smooth.
thank you for sharing. Was it a phenol peel that you had? Are there any demarcation lines? How long ago did you have it and did the doctor say if there was any chance that your skin could turn a white color? I am very pale and don't want look any paler that I am. I have also heard that some people look a little waxy.
Hi AZgirl74, I was wondering how your peel went? Do you still have wrinkles around your eyes?
Thank you for sharing your review with us on RealSelf.

Take a look at this Q&A

Rough Patches Normal After Phenol Peel?