Labiaplasty Nitemare - New Jersey

I had a botched labiaplasty by my gyno in june...

I had a botched labiaplasty by my gyno in june 2011. I only wanted a trim to make oneside even with the other. I woke up from surgery and she amputated my labia on both sides!! My life has completely been destroyed from that day! Iam only 28 and im so lost and scared to death , im so tramatized. I searched and searched drs to fix me, i found dr alter and had a reconstruction in november 2011, and another revision in april 2011 by him using skin from my hood to make me a rim of so called labia. Iam still healing and dont know what i think yet about my appearance. Im just so mentally messed up i feel destroyed and feel i will never ever be normal, most of all i feel my sex life is completely over, no labia, no good sex? Im devastated . Im very very depressed and very lost in life. This is a complete nightmare.... any support will be very helpful for me. Thank you

My revision photo added...

My revision photo added...

I posted a labiaplasty nitemare blog a few months...

I posted a labiaplasty nitemare blog a few months ago......and This is my results of a labia reconstruction. I had my labia totally amputated in june 2011 by a gyno that was inexperienced. My reconstruction was done in nov 2011. So this is me now... how do i look?... its been a long emotional road and im fighting to get over this emotionally and im trying to except the changes. I wish i could go back and not have done the surgery in the first place,but in life theres no do overs. My goal now is to try to be intimate again, and hope a guy wont question my appearance and i will be able to enjoy sex again and live life again.....all comments are helpful to me.. thank you.......

Sorry if my photos are out of order... please look...

Sorry if my photos are out of order... please look at dates

To any women that have read by blog. Please think...

To any women that have read by blog. Please think carefully about choosing a great labiaplasty surgeon, i wouldn't wish my pain ive suffered on my worst enemy....please do your research!

May I ask who did your revision surgery?
Just saw ur question for docs as to have a peri something done now. I think by the last pics ur "v" looks great, and u shouldant be playing with fire after one surgery gone wrong. It looks beyong perfect noe ur reconstruction doc is a genius. Now enough of cuttings down there.
your revision looks absolutely gorgeous! Do you mind sharing the price of the procedure? I know everyone is different, but I want to have some idea of a range at least. I'm in the same boat about a gyno amputating my inner labia even though she said she'd do a wedge method...
Hi Jessica. Who did ur reconstructive surgery? I need mine redone too :*(
Wow your revision looks great!!!! Sorry for what you went through but just wanted you to know that you can't even tell you had surgery your hoohoo looks good lol
may I ask who fixed urs..Gary Alter?
so sorry you had to go through that, i can't even imagine. the revision looks excellent! i'm glad to see the final result came out looking beautiful!
Wow! Your revision looks great! I can't believe that's a revision! I am considering labiaplasty and doing my research. I don't have excessive labia but would like to be more symmetrical. My one side has virtually none and the other has a little more than your as of October surgery. I don't want the one side that has a little more to be amputated though. Thank you for sharing! I am also emotionally working on myself too as I have closed up from having any form of a sex life. Seeing other peoples pictures helps me feel normal. Best of luck with your emotional recovery. Truthfully, your labia looks great! :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

The reconstruction went amazingly well! It honestly looks perfect. I feel so sorry for you that you had to go through all that trauma from the inexperienced Gyno. But the work your surgeon did on reconstructing everything is amazing! That's one happy good looking vagina and you should feel very comfortable with it. :)
Jessica im so happy for you! The reconstruction looks wonderful and you should be very happy!!
Im sick and tired of men and women posting on these blogs, making women feel like shit for having labiaplasty. If a woman feels uncomfortable with her large labia minora lips that are hanging out of her vulva crack, then by all means she has every right to have them trimmed to feel more feminine. You don't understand what it's like so you need to keep your mouth shut. Having large purple/brown coloured flaps of wrinkly fatty skin hanging down out of your labia majora crack, that rubs on the seem of your pants and hurts in tight pants and is uncomfortable during sex is not fun and not attractive!! not to mention it is harder to keep clean longer because of the excess skin, and they get stinky faster when they're big. A woman has EVERY right to have them trimmed to feel better physically and emotionally. The rest of you can shut it. However I do agree with Jessica, that you must be VERY careful when picking a surgeon. I was also basically completely amputated of my labia minora and am very upset about it. It still is better than having big wrinkly brown labia minora, but I wish I had more than what's left. Anyways, I think this is a good blog for women to be informed about this surgery. It is shocking how common getting botched really is. If I could do it over, I'd go to Gary Alter and would trust no one else. Amazingly, some plastic surgeons and Gynos don't even know what a vulva should look like. For example, a lot of them disconnect the labia minora from the clitoris when doing labiaplasty and they should NOT do that.
Ive been removed of my labia minora as well with just a clit left they keep saying give it mre time, time isnt gonna bring it bck is my thought and I think it is a correct thought I am a young woman dx with PPMS and thought it wud b nice to do something for myself seeing as there isnt a whole lot I can do in general I needed something to make me feel bettr not worse..Im 36 not 3 or even 6 so why the hell wud u try to make me look tht way..feeling very little like a women :(
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Actually...the reason the penis is curved for some men is because of their circumcision. Are you circumcised? If so, do you feel you shouldn't have been?
I am circumcised. I am straight as an arrow, but I know other aren't always. Should I of been? Well, I didn't have a chance to weigh in on the decision since it was done the week of my birth. But I did have my sons circumcised. No complaints. But my point was nothing is wrong with a woman's vagina, simply cause they have lips. Likewise, a guy with a curved penis shouldn't either. If medically their is a problem, they should have the surgery.
I am sorry the first go around was botched :( however girl your ladybits are looking mighty fine after reconstruction! Hope I end up as pretty as you.
Jessica, you look absolutely perfect! Even before your reconstruction, you looked totally fine!! You are WAY too critical of yourself. Anyways, your surgeon did a great job. Honestly your after result is beautiful. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of or insecure about. And if you think any different, then you are truly delusional and too hard on yourself.
I think you women who are going under the knife need to have your heads examined! I was uncomfortable with my lips until my hubby. He gasped the first time he saw them and thought the worst, well he was ecstatic with them and told me he was "in heaven". Maybe you should check out this link and gain some confidence in yourselves, I did! http://lovelargelabia.tumblr.com/ The horror stories are terrible, don't cut the flaps!
I wish I had seen the lovelargelabia site a few days ago. I might still have mine.
Hello! Just wanted to take the time to leave a comment to you. First off I hope you are adjusting better to your new appearance. Also I wanted to add that I honestly wish I had your doctor. You look great. Your results are what I'm hoping for.
honestly, I think the final results look really good!
Anyone on here on considering Labiaplasty should go to Dr. Red Alinsod in Laguna Beach, CA. He's the master. I dare call him a wizard of labial surgery. Don't let what happened to poor Jessica happen to you. Let her story help guide you to the source where you can get the best outcome with the least heartache. Dr. Alter's work is good but pales in comparison to Dr. Alinsods. Jessica is very brave to share her story here and I believe that she is a hero of sorts for bringing attention to this matter so that women an know who to go to and who to NOT go to. I commend her for her immense bravery.
Is dr Alter located in California? Or new jersey? I would like to get mine done too and I would like to go to him. And also how much would that cost me?I look forward to ur answer. Thank you in advance:)
Dr alter is in ny and cali. I cannot qoute you a fee, sorry. Everyone is different and you may need more, or less procedures. Good luck to you.