Juvederm Messed Up my Face - New Jersey

I went to have filler in my nasal-labio area, the...

I went to have filler in my nasal-labio area, the doctor said I should put filler in my cheeks, like an idiot i just went along with it. She inserted it horizontally and pushed the needle inwards in my cheek. About 1 hour later outside her office I noticed a huge horizontal lump like a snake slid inside my cheek; also my cheek was hugely bruised and I had a reaction that my entire skin was both lumpy and depressed. I rushed back to her office and asked to dissolve it but she wouldn't do it. She kept saying it would go away. The next day not only had it not gone away but was worse; I sent her photos and she said a juvederm rep would be in her office so I should come in. Obviously they planned it together because when I went in this slithery fake woman just kept talking about my teeth and eyes and thought she would divert me with compliments. I hated her. It didn't go away and I cannot even say how depressed I was for so long; I was on a trip and miserable the entire time; I returned to my home country and had it dissolved. But my skin never looked the same at all, since then something has happened, almost if the juvederm ate away at the inside of my skin. I went to see a leading dermatologist recently who suggested fraxel dual which I am terrified of after seeing the comments on RealSelf. But I am considering it.

Any updates? I'm also having a lot of complications.

I'm glad to hear you have gone to see a dermatologist. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, and if you decide to try the fraxel or not.

dr kharrasian, new jersey

Don't do it. i was later told that juvederm should never be injected in the cheek area, only in specific spots say around the nasal-labio area (which i had specifically gone for). Juvederm is a terrible substance and other fillers are much better. I would never ever inject juvederm ever again. There should be a class action lawsuit against them and it should be removed from the market.