Very Little or NO Improvement for Me :( - New Jersey

I'm 40 yrs old and have damaged my skin by...

I'm 40 yrs old and have damaged my skin by being in the sun for years. I love the sun, but it doesn't love me. A week ago I got two syringes of juvederm injected into my folds, under my eyes, above my top lip and below my bottom lip. I bruised terribly above my top lip and had a DARK black & blue mustache for a FULL week! I have an enormous soft 'pillow' under one eye, and less obvious swelling under the other. More disturbing, it is one week post procedure I still have noticible parenthesis next to and under my mouth, particularily on one side, and above my top lip I am quite wrinkly. I'm only 40 so my wrinkles weren't that bad. The results are so slight. I have no doubts that my doctor is competant and did a great job, I just didn't get the improvement that I hoped for... will my condition improve? or is this the best of it? Am I a better candidate for fat transfer or another product? The treatment was pretty painful and I looked like a monster for a week so I'm not sure if I want to try again or go back for more, plus, it's pretty expensive to keep up. All advise welcome :)

Did you go to a doctor???? That sounds awful

Hi billie.

Thanks for the review and welcome to the Juvederm community. You should check out the answers in our doctor Q&A, How Long Before I see Juvederm Results, it might help. Please keep us updated and I hope everything turns out as you want.

Thanks,'