Finally Did It! -New Jersey

I'm 55 years old female that for years wanted my...

I'm 55 years old female that for years wanted my neck fixed! A combination of too much sun and mostly genetics left me a 'turkey' neck that aged me beyond belief (in my eyes)! Every year I would make my annual pilgrimage to a different plastic surgeon in hopes of finding the right dorctor and get the courage to take the step. My husband was very supportive in my quest although was very concerned that would look drastically younger.

Well I finally did find the 'right' doctor and I put my trust in him as I underwent a 4 hour surgery under local sedation last Friday. I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty and a facelift. I'm on day 6 of my healing (I have a ways to go) and I am thrilled with the results. I have told very few people about alI this so I will be curious with the reactions I receive. I've decided I can't worry about what others say. All I know I feel so much better about myself!

I can't stress enough how finding the right doctor is key in this process. Mine was fabulous! Feel free to 'private' message me if you have any questions.

I'll send you before and after pics if anyones...

I'll send you before and after pics if anyones interested too!

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! I agree that finding the right surgeon is incredibly important. Would you consider sharing your photos here in your review? You can blur out your eyeballs if that makes you more comfortable. Pictures are such a help to others about to embark on a similar journey.