Blepharoplasty by Dr. Andrew Jacono - New York, NY

It's been months since my surgery. My eyelids...

It's been months since my surgery. My eyelids have raised scars & it is severely asymmetry. The cuts look like it's done by someone that isn't a plastic surgeon in an alley of a 3rd world country. The cuts are super deep and runs 3/4 the length of my eyelid creases. It is a nightmare. My only regret is not doing research. I saw his advertisements and assumed it is the truth. I have needle marks from him pulling the stitchings too tight on my eyelid creases which do not show up on my photo posted. I am very light skin, so it is hard for deep needle marks to show on pictures. My eyes crease scars look nothing like any of those photos that the doctor shown me at consultation time. The asymmetry is very noticeable to everyone.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I will not recommend him because I am so shocked of the result. My creases look nothing like those photos he show me at consultation time. I wonder if those are truly his work or is it photos of other plastic surgeons' work. He was so nice to me, but when I confronted him of how horrible the result is, then he insisted that it is good result. He refuse to refund my money and accept no responsibility for his poor surgerical skill.

I agree.
wow, why they took down Tara Anne's review. .It is one of the best ever. It described in detail of what she is going through. Isn't this what Realself wanted??? why delete her post. I don't see any thing wrong with her post?

It's inappropriate for me to comment on why a particular review was removed, but we only remove reviews that violation our guidelines and policies. Perhaps you can reach out to Tara Anne directly if you have questions about her review.

I am so sorry for your pain. Thank you for having the courage to post your story and for helping others in their decision to consider surgery with Jacono. He has left a trail of destruction and should not be practicing. I wish you all the best.
So sorry this happened to you, but I'm not surprised. I too had a horrific outcome with this doctor. Please check your inbox, I sent you a private message.
Realself is more for reviews that are positive and that is the reason they selectively delete reviews. How does Realself get pay? By advertisement and doctors paying for subscritption fees????????????

Hi Alice,

All experiences are welcome on RealSelf, whether they're positive or negative. For example, the eyelid surgery community has a 79% Worth It Rating as of today. That means that 21% of people who had surgery did not think it was worth it (149 negative reviews).

We don't delete reviews by request (from either the doctor or the community member). We only remove reviews that violate our policies.

RealSelf pays the bills by displaying advertisements (such as Google ads). These ads appear on all pages, regardless of the review rating. For example, there are ads on this page I'm commenting on, even though the review is negative.

I hope this helps to clarify. Please feel free to contact me privately if you have any further questions.

Yikes! You poor girl! You're absolutely right: this is NOT a good result. I'd contact his governing body and file a complaint with them.
so sorry it didn't turn out :( it doesn't look like it Is anywhere near your crease at all, do you mean that red lid on your eyelid??