Disappointing. Lumpy Legs One Year Later :( - New Jersey, NY

I really wanted to get Cellulaze because I was so...

I really wanted to get Cellulaze because I was so self-conscious about my cellulite. It was only moderate, but it was something that had always bothered me. When I found out about the procedure, I was thrilled that there was a doctor in my town who could do it. I got it done, was not too happy about the pain when they have to use the lidocaine under the skin with fluid, but the pain for recovery wasn't too bad - just soreness that was gone in a few days. The doctor told me the sooner I returned to normal activity (I exercice about 5x per week) the faster and better it would heal, so I was able to run and work out about 3 days after the procedure.

The following months, I did not really notice any difference, but that was ok. I figured, as long as it wasn't any worse, it was worth it.

About the 4 month mark, I started getting a weird, loose skin lump on my left leg. The doctor said it was probably leftover fluid, and advised me to massage the area daily and have a Smooth Shapes treatment series done.

Went through 8 sessions of Smooth Shapes, zero improvement.

Six month mark comes, and the lump was obvious and almost like a saggy bag in my skin. Not hard, not like something was in it, just a a weird lumpy area. Doctor kept insisting it was fluid and would go away.

One year later, and now I am undergoing the procedure again. I am so disappointed that I cry about it. Cellulaze was something I got done because I was self conscious, and now I am just mortified. I HATE my legs, and am worried that the touch up next week will just make it worse. The weird saggy part is starting to happen in my other leg too. I'm going to have her just touch up the left leg, and hopefully that will fix the problem, before I do both legs.

Anyone else experience anything like this?? She had never heard of it happening, and was contacting Cynosure often to get advice from the company. No one could give advice. Guess I am just lucky... erm, lol.

I am nervous about next week for the touch up, because I don't want anything to get worse. But I am really hoping it will get better...........

I will get my photos from the doctor when I go in, and will post. Any advice would be helpful!!!! : (

Re-Do

Went to get my second treatment after one year yesterday - she decided not to do cellulaze again because my skin didn't necessarily need the tightening and cutting. I ended up getting some fat sucked out in more of a traditional lipo treatment. I am soooo bruised, much more than when I got the cellulaze done last year, and my weird lump is really swollen. I so hope that goes away as I heal because that was the whole point in getting something else done to my leg! As of right now, the day after the procedure, the area is bigger than before and very dark purple with bruising.

The doctor said that my left leg lump had about a teaspoon of fat trapped in it that she sucked out, and my right leg had had a lot of scar tissue that she broke up.

We will see..... It so better work this time because having lidocaine injections is the worst! I don't think I can go through a third.