Reduction & Lift After Pregnancy - Perfect Results, Could Not Be Happier!!

I had twins 6 months ago and being pregnant just...

I had twins 6 months ago and being pregnant just destroyed my breasts. Before pregnancy they were a "perfect shape and height," however my breasts became huge as soon as I became pregnant causing them to sag considerably. The excessive sagging was making me very,very uncomfortable, the skin was so stretched out that I couldn't even find a bra that would fit me correctly, my breasts were actually coming out of my sports bra when I walked. Plus the excessive weight was hurting my neck, back and causing irritation underneath my breasts. My breasts looked and felt awful. I was very embarassed of how they looked. I am only 28 years old and I felt like I had breasts of a much much older woman.

I met with a few Plastic Surgeons, a few of them stated they would do a lift and place large implants in. Then I finally found a surgeon I was comfortable with and felt confident in his plan. He stated what I really needed was a lift and reduction NOT implants. He said putting implants in very saggy breasts would only cause them to sag more because of the weight of the implant.

So I decided on a lift and reduction and I honestly could not be happier with the results. I am amzed with the results actually. Granted my surgery was only a few days ago, so far my breasts look even better than they did before I became pregnant. The height is perfect, they are so perky and the shape is wonderful. I am so glad I decided against the implant because they are perfect in my mind. Plus implants come with so many more risks and you have to have more surgeries in about 8 years to have them replaced.

I highly recommend having a lift/reduction if you are too saggy. Just find a Dr. who you feel comfortable with, keep looking for other Dr.'s if they don't spend a lot of time with you in your consultation and you don't feel confident in their plan. It is so important for you to feel comfortable with your Dr. and believe me there are a lot of Plastic Surgeons who think they are too good for their own shoes.

If you have really saggy breasts I recommend not having implants, the lift and reduction will take care of all the sagging and they will be very perky. I am amazed with my results! I am about 3 days post op and the pain is finally starting to subside. The first 2 days were awful but the percocet takes the edge off and in my opinion it's worth the pain. Can't wait to see what they look like in a month! Will update then...

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Spent so much time talking to me- at least an hour in the initial consultation, office staff was very accomodating, Dr. did not try to sell the implants, stated results would be better without implants. Dr. is very honest and caring. Board certified of course, a lot of experience. Trusted this Dr. more than any other Dr. I consulted with.

I PRAY MY BREAST WILL NOT GROW BACK I AM HAPPY WITH MY SIZE C CUPP
I am a 36H and my insurance refused to cover operation. In so much pain can't wait so save enough for the operation.
oh wow...I am sorry to hear that. :-(
My surgeon also said that you have to try and maintain your current weight,as mainly any gain,will result in sagging,and also wear a good supportive bra,to keep the lift. Also he said that generally they don't do a lift for a D,but that is his opinion,as he considers that an 'ideal' size,when going from something like an F onwards,but then again,I was F,and he said he would take as much as was safe.I am now a C,and at the three month mark,so everything still hasn't settled properly.
Oh ok...well I'm going to do my best to keep my from sagging. ..In May sag a little but not how I was before. ..
I AM 4 MONTH AND I CAN ONLY WEAR SPORTS BRA I HAVENT SETTLED PROPERLY YET I FEEL A LITTLE SAGGING ALREADY BUT IM GLAD IM SMALLER
I am so sorry! I was a 34 H and have battled back and next pain for years. My ins. Would not cover mine even though I have a bulging disk on my neck. I spent 10k but I feel much better. I hope you find a wsy to have yours! Dont give up.
Thank you Mayaprincess.... i dream of a day without any back or shoulder pain!
what happens when you do a small reduction and a lift because right now I am a D cup,,,,after the surgery, it would be ok but as soon as I will loose some weight, 5-6 pound, I loose all from the breast so it would come back saggy,,,thats the reason for the implant I think,,,,is it possible???? to do everything at the same times???
I think it would be possible,but would be up to the surgeon,as they can do it for breast reconstruction after breast cancer etc.,I was told to try and keep my weight at the same stage,as if I put on or lost weight,there would be sagging,so am hoping that doesn't happen. I also had lumps in the right breast that mammograms failed to pick up,and had them removed at the same time,and tested.They were benign.I am now eight weeks post surgery,and the breasts have lost the tightness. I have to be sure to wear a good supportive bra all the time,and they won't sag again.
yes, my girlfriend did that. Her doctor told her by the time you do the reduction and lift gravity will take it's course so he told her you should get implants. So she wen from a DD to a C-D but here is the catch ladies. If you workout keep in shape do exercise for chest, eat healthy, a lot of cardio you will be ok. Those implants don't last either. After 10 yrs you have to remove them and hope that they haven't ruptured inside of you then what? You going to pay another 6,000 or 7,000 or how much you paid to get it done the first time. Nah, I'm good with my lift and reduction. I will do the exercise I need to for good result, yes gravity may take it's course but I doubt I will be back at a DDD-G again. Good luck! ;-)
I am 52 and despirately need a breast reduction. Insurance won't pay. Are there any doctors in the US that will do the surgery and let me pay as much as $500 a month. I don't qualify for care credit. I know docs wasn't their money but crap... I need a break here
That is pretty tough,as no one deserves to be desperate,and have to put up with the pain and discomfort,as the older we get,the worse the situation becomes.I had to go with a private surgeon,because we live in a country area where our hospital doesn't handle breast reductions,so my husband would have had to take time off work to drive me to our largest City for appointments,and then for aftercare,plus there were waiting lists for free public health care.My Doctor referred me to a private specialist,and the surgery and aftercare was the best,and still continues to be,as if there are any concerns I just have to ring,although I am now on 3 month visit.Obviously health care in the USA is different to ours,but can your regular Doctor do the same,and you just pay it off monthly,if you have a credit card.My surgery,plus pathology for removal of lumps,anaesthesia ts etc.,cost roughly $10,000,and we got approximately $2,000 back on Medicare. I really hope that you get the help you need,as your health is the most important thing,and large breasts are a health issue,as well as a psychological one. Good luck in your endeavours.
Thank you for your feed back. Unfortunately I was unable to find a doctor near Houston TX but a Dr in California reached out to me and is going to do my surgery. My husband is taking vacation and we will spend that time in San Diego. I'm looking forward to it!
Yes, if it's a medical necessity insurance will cover fully. It did for me cause I have back issues n ghi plan approved it in 2 days.
I am so happy for you,and how lovely that the Doctor has agreed to do the surgery.I know that like me,you are going to find it the best decision you have made,as you are going to feel like a new woman. My husband was as thrilled too,as he knew how much I suffered with discomfort and pain.If you rest completely,and don't rush the recovery,for the first two weeks,and do everything the doctors and Nurse recommends,for the six week aftercare,you will be fine,and have very little pain or discomfort. All the best.x
Oh it is for sure medically necessary but my insurance is United Health Care and they have a clause... they wont pay a dime. It sucks.
Thank you... I really appreciate all the support and kind words this site has offered. My husband is taking two weeks vacation and being my nurse. I enjoy every minute my husband and I get to spend together so I am looking forward to that too. I of course am looking forward to about 3 months down the road after it is all over! Thanks
Our private health care is worse,than if we just pay the whole lot ourselves.Younend up paying so much money each year into the fund,and same as with you,it ends up not covering different things,and also by the time you pay all the extras,it is easier,if you don't have a lot of health problems to for private,as with an accident or anything like cancer,we are admitted to public hospitals anyway,if we don't have private health cover.Where I went for my breast surgery,the price is bed at the private hospital was $2 ,000 a night,and the public hospital was $400 in a two bed ward,and their care was brilliant,and I had my private surgeon.We shouldn't whinge about our healthcare system here.x
Sorry for the typos..hope you got the gist of the reply.
Enjoy your vacation as well,and the precious time with your husband.If you have the same as me,where he cuts down,and around the nipples,you will be back to normal by six weeks.Hubby still vacuums and hangs the wash,but I was doing light things,and walking short distances at the three week mark.Hope you can really enjoy your holiday,as I can assure you,it was nothing to fear.In fact my specialist said he really prefers older ladies to operate on,as they are hormonal lay settled,and don't have to worry about childbirth and all those associated breast issues.
I have United Health Care and they covered everything for me..i'm in California..the problem could be it's Texas (where they say everything is bigger). I'm glad you were able to find a doctor to California to oblige your situation.
I'm glad you found a doctor in California that will do the reduction for you. It makes a world of difference. Could it be that United Healthcare is different, in each state? I live in California and United Healthcare is my insurance, they covered everything. You will be SO happy afterward! Well wishes to you.
Thank you. I haven't contacted united healthcare myself and I will do that Monday morning. A doctor that I went to here in houston said they turned all the paperwork in and the insurance company said they won't cover it... Some kind of clause. I didn't question it until I heard from you so it is worth a phone call!!! Thanks
Something else...did your Plastic Surgeon submit photos..MORE EVIDENCE!! My doctor took photos my the indents in my shoulders... discoloration from the heaviness iver my shoulders and pics of discoloration under my breasts. I just recalled...Without pics they were going to deny the claim, but once they got pictures. .it was approved, scheduled and completed within 2 months...i'm currently recovering.