Reduction & Lift After Pregnancy - Perfect Results, Could Not Be Happier!!

I had twins 6 months ago and being pregnant just...

I had twins 6 months ago and being pregnant just destroyed my breasts. Before pregnancy they were a "perfect shape and height," however my breasts became huge as soon as I became pregnant causing them to sag considerably. The excessive sagging was making me very,very uncomfortable, the skin was so stretched out that I couldn't even find a bra that would fit me correctly, my breasts were actually coming out of my sports bra when I walked. Plus the excessive weight was hurting my neck, back and causing irritation underneath my breasts. My breasts looked and felt awful. I was very embarassed of how they looked. I am only 28 years old and I felt like I had breasts of a much much older woman.

I met with a few Plastic Surgeons, a few of them stated they would do a lift and place large implants in. Then I finally found a surgeon I was comfortable with and felt confident in his plan. He stated what I really needed was a lift and reduction NOT implants. He said putting implants in very saggy breasts would only cause them to sag more because of the weight of the implant.

So I decided on a lift and reduction and I honestly could not be happier with the results. I am amzed with the results actually. Granted my surgery was only a few days ago, so far my breasts look even better than they did before I became pregnant. The height is perfect, they are so perky and the shape is wonderful. I am so glad I decided against the implant because they are perfect in my mind. Plus implants come with so many more risks and you have to have more surgeries in about 8 years to have them replaced.

I highly recommend having a lift/reduction if you are too saggy. Just find a Dr. who you feel comfortable with, keep looking for other Dr.'s if they don't spend a lot of time with you in your consultation and you don't feel confident in their plan. It is so important for you to feel comfortable with your Dr. and believe me there are a lot of Plastic Surgeons who think they are too good for their own shoes.

If you have really saggy breasts I recommend not having implants, the lift and reduction will take care of all the sagging and they will be very perky. I am amazed with my results! I am about 3 days post op and the pain is finally starting to subside. The first 2 days were awful but the percocet takes the edge off and in my opinion it's worth the pain. Can't wait to see what they look like in a month! Will update then...

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Spent so much time talking to me- at least an hour in the initial consultation, office staff was very accomodating, Dr. did not try to sell the implants, stated results would be better without implants. Dr. is very honest and caring. Board certified of course, a lot of experience. Trusted this Dr. more than any other Dr. I consulted with.

Im 30 yrs old lady.with 12yrs old daughter, her breast grows big and where supposed to be nipple grows bigger than her breast.so I wanted to known if its normal or to take her to the doctor. Im worried. Thanx
what size you were before the surgery
look amazing. what is the size now
Thank you. I'm a full c cup. I have my last doctors appointment tomorrow. I hope to get a clean bill of health. I feel great.
You really look great. How do you feel?
You look amazing! I'm going to take your pic to my preop appt to show my PS what I want mine to look like!
Im 21 seeking a breast reduction. Just had my first child and been dealing with this back pain saggyness and uneven breast since middle school. Im now at a 40DD. In need to know a good insurance that will help pay for most or all reduction and/or a good breast reduction dr. thats not high out of price range. Please contact if you have any information at : simonelxndr19@gmail.com or simone_lxndr@yahoo.com
Breast reduction is an excellent option for neck and back discomfort improvement, but if you plan on having additional children, you may need additional surgery down the road to re-capture the improved breast shape you obtain with BR surgery. Most insurance companies require documentation the physcial therapy and Ibuprophen type drugs have been ineffective at controlling discomfort before they will approve surgery. The satisfaction rating following BR surgery is very high. Best of luck.
I plan on showing your pic to my Dr... I'm a 36-38 DDD seeking a reduction. My insurance will cover if certain amount of weight is removed. You have a beautiful shape.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Had my surgery yesterday, using your post-op picture to guide my surgeon. My breasts were in terrible condition, hanging down almost to my navel. My surgeon said given my condition he couldn't make any promises but he'd try. I also needed a lumpectomy to remove a benign mass in my right breast. It took seven hours and he removed three pounds of breast tissue. Last night was a long, painful night. But this morning when my doctor did my great unveiling, all I could say was "wow". They look so much like yours I'm just speechless. All day long, I've been racked with pain but who cares! I'm just lost in admiration at my perfect new tatas. I can't stop looking at them. Best of all, my doctor was really proud of his own work, and he should be. To hear him talk about what he did and how, and to see how satisfied he was with the outcome just filled me with enormous confidence because he says that as pretty as they are now, it's nothing compared to what they'll look like once they've dropped into place in a few months. I can hardly wait! Haven't seen the scars yet but I don't care. They're so perky and gorgeous that I don't even think about it, especially compared to the saggy granny rack I started with. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting your picture. I've looked through tons of before & after pix, but nothing knocked me out until I saw your results. Thanks for having the courage to post, and the advice you gave about being comfortable with your surgeon was excellent. My doctor made no promises and was brutally honest about what could go wrong. But he really came through for me and his work was sheer genius! My rack is a work of art and looks better now than it ever did in my 20's. But I'm so happy today because you provided the picture I needed to guide his work. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart! Because of you, I have my dream girls.
I'm having my surgery March 6th and I'm taking this picture of you to show my surgeon what I want. Your rack is to die for! It's PERFECT and I want mine to be exactly like it. It's ideal for my frame. You are soooooo lucky! Please post pictures to show how you're healing! I really REALLY hope mine will turn out like yours. Hope everything is proceeding well for you.
I love the shape and positioning your surgeon chose. Do you have any recent pics showing how/if they have "dropped" (fallen into place) since surgery? I'm scheduled for Feb 29th, and am nervous about the aesthetic element of the reduction. I want a nice shape and volume and am looking for breasts that I like, and adding them to my photo portfolio to use as examples at my next appointment....

I hope mine turn out as nicely as yours!!!!!!
It's been about 6 months after my surgery and the only noticeable scarring is under my breasts. The vertical incision is very, very light and doesn't bother me at all. The horizontal incision is still dark, however since it is under the breast fold it isn't very noticeable and will continue to fade over time. My sister had the same surgery and you can barely see her horizontal scar at all anymore so I'm not too worried about it right now since it's only been 6 months. It does take at least 1 year for your breasts to fully heal and then over a few years for the scars to continue to fade. Everyone heals and scars differently though. And you do scar differently on different parts of your body too so just keep that in mind when asking others about their scars. Just keep the scar out of sunlight, don't go tanning, etc. keep your incisions clean, take care of your body by eating well and taking vitamins and not smoking and your scarring should be okay. Apparently smoking and drinking slows down the healing process by slowing down your circulation so I wouldn't suggest smoking before, during, or after your surgery. Your surgeon will give you a list of vitamins to take before your surgery to help with the healing process as well. In all honesty, I thought my scars would be a lot worse! Believe me, having saggy breasts looked a lot worse then the few faded scars I have now. :) Good luck!
Hi, Im 18 and considering a breast reduction and lift. However, my only concern is the scarring of coarse. I would like to know how you dealt with your scarring over the months and how noticeable they really are.
Hey Kristen, I will post some updated pictures soon, I haven't taken ann updated picture in awhile. I still love the results. The scars aren't bad- especially the vertical scar and the scars around the nipples, amazingly they're almost gone, very very light at least! But everyone scars differently, my sister had it done by another Dr and her scars were pretty bad for years but got better. The scars underneath are dark pink but none of the scars were supposed to fade for a year or so plus they are covered since they are underneath the breasts so those don't bother me so much. The scars underneath are tender still (I had the surgery about 1.5 months ago) It hurts to wear underwire bras for too long still. If you're 34G I would def recommend it, I was a large DD and I couldn't take it! It was the sagging that really bothered me actually. I don't know how you can live like that! Your insurance will most likely cover it but it also depends on your ins. company. If you have enough tissue taken out which I'm sure you'd have no problem with :) I didn't even submit mine because I knew it wouldn't be enough, I'm a small C now. About your boyfriend- let him know that your breasts will look and feel a lot better after the surgery, it may take a few months but they will def look a lot sexier, a lot less saggy, just more feminine looking. And for you you'll be so much more confident, comfortable and all over just happy with your self. At least I was :) I wouldn't ever change my decision! I will post pictures next week when I get back from vacation.
Hi Bridget! I have been thinking about getting the breast reduction done. Every girl that I have talked to that has had it done loves their results. I have a friend that went to Dr Franckle but, to get implants. She says he is great. My boyfriend is so against this surgery, I don't know what to do. The only thing I am worried about is the scarring and if I can deal with it after wards. But, I am so uncomfortable being a 34 G that I know that I need to do this for myself. Can you send me an update as to how you are doing now? I think I am going to see if Dr. franckle takes my insurance today. Thanks!

Hi, I know the feeling. I'm only 28, had twins and my breasts were completely destroyed! I couldn't believe it!! It was so uncomfortable, I couldn't take it anymore! I had a breast reduction & lift,totaling about $8,500. That included everything- Surgeons fees, anesthesia, OR, etc. This Dr. is so sweet, honest, not pushy, & spends so much time w/ you unlike SO many dr.'s I met with. I saw some Dr's in Philly I absolutely hated. His name is {edited} he's located in Voorhees, NJ. Feel free to email me w/ anymore questions you have about the surgery or the Dr. :) -Bridget

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info to the review. Thanks!
Hi, Can you give me the name of your doctor. I'm 46 and have gained weight in recent years. Even at my optimal weight I was in a large D, now after 4 kids and 20 lbs, I'm in a DDD and it's killing my neck and back. I'm trying to lose weight, but I desperately need a reduction.
Your shape is beautiful! I'm glad that you're so happy with your outcome.