Fractional 1540-Worth the Wait - New Hope, PA

Okay so the fine lines and crepiness I was...

Okay so the fine lines and crepiness I was developing around my eyes was getting progressively worse despite all my efforts. I had been cotemplating a micropen treatment and my aesthetician recommended a Fractional 1540 treatment instead. She said I would like the results much better. I scheduled my appointment for the 1540 in the evening of November 22. The doctor gave the laser technician her recommnedations for depth etc and watched the procedure although she did not perform it. It was a bit painful (rubber band snapping sensation) but very fleeting. They did not numb the area. I was told I would be fine within a week maybe two at most, in terms of redness and minor swelling.

After the procedure they told me to ice and take a benadryl before bed. The next day I was a little bit swollen (which I don't mind) and very pink and sensitive. Thankfully, I worked from home that day. The next day, Thursday, I went into work and wore glasses and tried covering it with concealer. I thought I did a good job but my boss asked what happened to my eyes. I came out and just told her. By Friday evening I felt comfortable going out and actually rather enjoyed the minor swelling which eliminated my annoying under eye hollows. 17 days had gone by and I was healing nicely. The redness was fading daily. I ended up going for my monthy micordermabrasion and the redness and sensitivity flared up and became broze in color (and was almost worse) wi after that treatment. It took about 3-4 more weeks before it resolved 100%.

However, I looked in the mirror over the past week (it's been 8 weeks) and I thought "Hmmm I look more like how I feel. Not so haggard and my dark circles and fine lines are just about all but gone. " Basically, I am very happy with the results. I wish I had known not to get a microderm and treat the area much more gently over the next month. I think my skin around the eyes raised the white flag after the microderm.

I think I would do this annually and plan it right before a long weekend so my boss would nto ask any questions but overall, I give this treatment a big thumbs up for an area that is historically (as I've been told by many a doctor) very tough to treat.

This is going to be in the annual arsenal of treatments for undereye crepiness and fine lines.

One thing I would love though, is if my spa came out with the intraoccular (sp) eye covers so they could go right up to the lash line.

I wanted to wait before I wrote a thumbs up and saw the results. I was told to be patient. If I had done my review a month ago I would have given it a thumbs down or not sure. I patiently waited. reassured that it would eventually fade and to convince myslef to be patient. Just treat your skin very gently up to 6 weeks after treatment. Well worth it and I adore my doctor and her team!!!!
Dr. Espinoza

An amazing bedside manner and keen eye for how to look your best without making you look overdone.

Congratulations! Thank you so much for your detailed contribution. No numbing cream, wow you are brave!! I chuckled when I read: "By Friday evening I felt comfortable going out and actually rather enjoyed the minor swelling which eliminated my annoying under eye hollows." :)

Did they offer any numbing cream?
No, no numbing cream. I was the last appointment and they were trying to squeeze me in as a favor before Thanksgiving. I accepted the last appointment knowing I may not get numbed. It was mildly painful but tolerable. I guess I have a high pain tolerance when it comes to beauty. :)
Glad it was tolerable :)  I think you are right a little pain for gain works for me :)