Ulthera for Neck, Lower Face - New Haven, CT

I had ultherapy for neck about 6 weeks ago, along...

I had ultherapy for neck about 6 weeks ago, along with sculptra on my cheeks. The neck looked great immediately, and when the swelling went down, it looked better, but not great. I am OK with that.

I had the lower face done yesterday. Because I had Sculptra done in both cheeks, I asked if it would "ruin" the great results. I was reassured that it would be OK, even though it seems that a lot of physicians think otherwise. I trust her, so I went ahead. After the initial swelling went down, it seemed as if some of the fullness I had before actually disappeared! My jowls are more pronounced and the skin seems thinner! I am hoping this is temporary. Just days ago, a woman told me she thought I was 15 years younger! Now I feel 15 years older, an am facing even more $$$ and injections of Sculptra. arrggghhh

Actually, I wanted the ultherapy all at once, before doing the sculptra, but the office mixed the sculptra the day before and it had to be used.

I will update if things improve, but this one's a big zero right now.

Hi jenny,

Hmm, it sounds more like the doctor wasn't sure how the Ultherapy would effect the Sculptra and less like the Ultherapy didn't work. I wonder if you saw a different doctor what they would say. Hopefully it will turn out better. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

The doctor is wonderful, patient and kind. I think since this product is relatively new, one cannot make truly informed decisions on all aspects of it's use.