Ulthera for Neck, Lower Face - New Haven, CT

I had ultherapy for neck about 6 weeks ago, along...

I had ultherapy for neck about 6 weeks ago, along with sculptra on my cheeks. The neck looked great immediately, and when the swelling went down, it looked better, but not great. I am OK with that.

I had the lower face done yesterday. Because I had Sculptra done in both cheeks, I asked if it would "ruin" the great results. I was reassured that it would be OK, even though it seems that a lot of physicians think otherwise. I trust her, so I went ahead. After the initial swelling went down, it seemed as if some of the fullness I had before actually disappeared! My jowls are more pronounced and the skin seems thinner! I am hoping this is temporary. Just days ago, a woman told me she thought I was 15 years younger! Now I feel 15 years older, an am facing even more $$$ and injections of Sculptra. arrggghhh

Actually, I wanted the ultherapy all at once, before doing the sculptra, but the office mixed the sculptra the day before and it had to be used.

I will update if things improve, but this one's a big zero right now.

The doctor is wonderful, patient and kind. I think since this product is relatively new, one cannot make truly informed decisions on all aspects of it's use.

Hi jenny,

Hmm, it sounds more like the doctor wasn't sure how the Ultherapy would effect the Sculptra and less like the Ultherapy didn't work. I wonder if you saw a different doctor what they would say. Hopefully it will turn out better. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt