first time ipl before and after - New Haven, CT

I went to Esana Medspa in New Haven Ct and had my...

I went to Esana Medspa in New Haven Ct and had my first treatment of IPL done. Im all Irish and have pale skin with some sun damage. Im 29 and after my pregnancy I found that my skin became hyper pigmented and my sunspots became sooooo much worse. I can no longer cover them up and I just hate my skin so IPL seemed like the best option. I also have a scar on my neck from a thyroidectomy a yr and 4 months ago that is also red and hard to cover up. IPL was used to take the red out of the scar but will not actually help the scar itself. esana medspa was great and the RN Stephanie was very friendly and welcoming. Thy use the Lumenis Machine and I believe my setting was at 22. Day of procedure gel was applied to my face and the procedure began, I had 72 zaps, and boy they hurt!!!!! If any of these blogs say it doesnt hurt then they are lying. Maybe other settings arent as bad but at 22 my whole body has jumping at each zap. Def. the nose and under eye area hurt the most. Right after felt like sunburn, it looked red and blotchy but with some hydrocortisone it improved fast, like in 2 hrs. Immediately my sundamage showed in dark spots all over..... i know all these sites say this, but its true, it looks like someone threw dirt on my face. I was able to go to work the next day but looked spots hard to cover up. Day 2 almost all red gone, under my checks and sides of face are a little swollen but I can see how smooth my face looks underneath the dark spots, cant wait for them to fall off. Will post more pics of day 3!!!

Ok so three months later and skin looks great, I...

Ok so three months later and skin looks great, I went away to Florida and wore sunblock but I noticed that some of my brown spots got a little darker so I def want to do ill at the end of summer.
Stephanie

hows your face now
you are so pretty!!
Thanks for posting all the photos. It is incredible to see the difference.
Thanks!
Great results, thanks for the photos. I wondered what you thought of the results for the redness of your scar? I ask because I have varicose vein removal scars on my leg that are red, and wondered if IPL might be effective for removing the redness around the scar. thanks!
Redness on scar was minimal, didn't really do too much but the dr told me that he didn't think it would
How long did it take for the dark spots to start to flake off?
Less then a week, about 6 days for me. Waiting is the hard part bc you want to see the end result
I am very fair with a lot of freckles so I look like I have coffee grounds (or black paint speckles) all over my face. Lots of them! I am really hoping they start flaking off sooner rather than later, but I read its a good sign if they are very dark because that is all damage that will flake off. You are right - waiting is the hardest part! Thanks for posting your pictures and story - now I won't worry that I look so spotty - I just need patience :)
I'm fair as well, and I went to work the next day and most def looked like a weirdo but it's only for a few days!
I'm afraid about medspa or IPL. My mother said it to me it is harmful for human. But it is wrong to break out of. My relative works in beauty center. She said she would be working with it. You can visit their website. To know more and more information. Thanks.
Lol there's nothing to be afraid of
Your skin looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing . Did they tell you that you would need only one session? And did they do a test patch on you before doing the actual treatment. I'm planning on going in for my first IPL in a few weeks and just doing some research, getting a bit nervous!
yes I went in 4 days prior and they did a test patch, it was 3 zaps. Its kinda gives you an idea of how it will feel, since its only 3 zaps you cant notice any redness. Dont be nervous be excited, as long as the place you are going to is legit then you will be fine!
was that $320 for one treatment or a series of treatments?
Just one treatment, and thats the lowest price I've seen, normally it cost around $500 for one treatment. Esana had the lowest price and has been doing the procedure for the longest time! I dont need any more treatments so I think I'll prob just do a maintance treatment every year, but so happy with results, my husband even was in shock and he never notices anything!
do you know if this works on flat dark moles, or beauty marks? my skin marks got way darker after having a baby :(
Mine did as well!! i never had any issues with my skin until after my son. I'm not sure about moles, but I believe beauty marks would prob work. I would go in for a consultation and find out! good luck

You are brave to withstand the 72 zaps.  I bet the final results will be worth it!

I can't wait to see the next round of pictures.

thanks beth! it actually went by really fast, very happy i did it!