Long Lasting - New Haven, CT

I do not receive injections with local anesthetic,...

I do not receive injections with local anesthetic, so first off, let me say that due to the larger size of the needle required, it was much more painful than restylane (no pain in my opinion).

I had the first two injections done for free as part of a training session for my plastic surgeon who has been treating me for a year with other product, including restylane, radiesse and one treatment of botox. I loved Restylane, but it did not last that long, maybe 6 months at the most. Radiesse lasted maybe the same or even less, but it might be because I used less and in different areas.

The Sculptra worked within a few months, and I had one extra syringe after 6 weeks. Immediately, the face puffed due to the water content... it looked nice. Then I lost the fluffiness, and I went in for a touch up. The change was more subtle in the long run as she used it mainly in the cheeks, but it lifted my tear troughs so they are no longer visible (and boy were they!). The cheek "lift" also pulls up the marionette lines. I still would like something done to the jowl, but she is worried about any granules or nodules showing through.

It has been over six months and it still looks very good. I do have a few bumps, and they are small enough not to be seen, and they don't hurt. Based on this experience I will definitely do it again!

I had two more vials injected on April 18. At...

I had two more vials injected on April 18. At first the swelling was sort of freakish, with lumps at the sides of my cheekbones distorting my face.

The next day, the swelling went down a little, and it looked very nice, with the cheeks pulling up the nasolabial area, giving a full and taut appearance to the face.

A few days later when the swelling went down, I was disappointed, but I intellectually I knew that it takes 4-6 weeks to see the effect.

Well, today (5-16), I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe how nice my face looked! My husband said my cheekbones are full and this "lift" up my whole face.

I probably could use a little botox for the "11s" and a touch of Restylane for the jawline, but I am very happy with the results and the fact that it lasts much longer of either of those two.

Oh, and this time I had lidocaine in the mixture (previously nothing) and it was almost pain free.

I wanted a more permanent filler.

I wanted a more permanent filler.
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

She is patient, gentle, took time to answer my questions and alleviate my fears. She seemed really excited about the process and truly concerned about her patient's expectations.

Updated on 6 Mar 2012:
I ask a lot of questions and tend to be nervous. She is very patient, gentle and responsive to your needs. Most importantly, she does a wonderful job assessing and administering dermal fillers, botox, etc. I drive over an hour to see her, so I fully believe the extra effort to see her is worth it.

Hi jennyct,

Welcome to the community. I'm glad you had such a great experience. Please keep us updated to how everything goes, and welcome to the community and do you have pictures.

Thanks,