Perfect Lip Augmentation with Juvederm - New Haven, CT

I wanted a subtle enhancement and I couldn't be...

I wanted a subtle enhancement and I couldn't be happier. 3 years ago I had Restyane injections in my lips and the experience was very very painful. I was very swollen for a few days, but in the end I was pleased with the results. This time around I chose Juvederm after Dr Davila suggested that he could use any excess around the corners of my mouth and in on my cheekbones. The whole experience at this spa was excellent, and Dr. Davila was very easy to talk to, had a fun sense of humour, and was at the same time very professional (see doctor review for more info). Would definitely recommend.

Your lips look fabulous! Did you have much bruising this time around?

5 days later

The good news is that I had no bruising at all. My doctor definitely knew what he was doing! I liked the result a little better in the first two days though. There must have been a bit of swelling that disappeared after a couple of days, so now they are a little less plump. BUT, I am still happy -all I wanted was a small boost that even my husband would not notice other than to say that I am looking really good this week.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

5 days later

No, none at all! The last time I had a lip filler I had a ton of bruising and a blister/lump. I really believe it was that this doctor is a lot more skilled -it was really obvious that he was comfortable with the needles and had a lot of experience.
Dr Davila

Dr Davila was professional, down to earth, and funny all at the same time. I nearly chose his partner (Dr Pan) based on the videos they have on their site, because I thought he looked nervous. But then I read good reviews about Dr Davila on other sites, and it seemed like he has a lot of experience with fillers, so I ended up making an appointment with him. My last experience with fillers was very painful, and I said I was worried about it. He offered a local freeze, but gently encouraged me not to (as I would have been frozen for hours). I am very glad I listened, as my experience with him was not painful at all! I can only assume that this had to do with his skill with the needle. Overall my experience at Esana spa was great. the receptionists were very nice, I waited less than 5 minutes for the doctor, and the facilities were nice. I will definitely go back.