Looking for a Great Smile Led Me to Dr. Nancy Lerch and the Center for Esthetic Dentistry - New Haven, CT

In one day Dr. Lerch filed down 8 of my teeth,...

In one day Dr. Lerch filed down 8 of my teeth, fitted me with a provisional set and filled in enamel gaps in two of my front teeth with composite.
So far (Less than a week later):
-My provisions look extremely fake and clownish. When I talk, people look at my teeth.
-On the drive home from getting the provisions put in, I noticed it was loose (I don't know if that's normal).
-The provisions have started to deteriorate with little chips occurring (even though I am following directions and being VERY careful).
-On the two teeth with the composite fillings the composite is flaking off like paint clips.

Billing: A family member is paying for the work Dr. Lerch is doing. The treatment plan came to 15,000. She wanted to charge him for the entire 15,000 in one go, even though her website says she requires partial payment to begin treatment. Arrangement where made with her to charge as treatment progresses.

Feeling a little nervous as to what I've gotten myself into at this point.
I have an appointment tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.....

I will post back from time to time with updates. I hope I have only good news from here on out.

Wow Update! What a difference a day makes : ))))) Dr. Nancy Lerch and the Center for Esthetic Dentistry - New Haven, CT

Dr. Lerch did a little edit on my provision (four upper front).
The result is STUNNING. I am now gorgeous....lol.
No, but seriously, I am.
That smile, that unattainable smile--that I thought I could never have, is now in my mouth.
Yes, these are just provisions, and at the same time, these are only the crappy provisions! In other words, when I get my pearly porcelains in, well....look out world.

Seriously. This work is fantastic. Very comfortable. Those canines I mentioned in the first review are now smooth. I can talk, eat, chew great, and I look amazing.
When I get my finals, I will post before, mid and after photos.

Totally worth it. No fears from here on out.

Dr. Nancy Lerch @ the Center For Esthetic Dentistry 1st Try in Tomorrow. Veneers

Woow. Very nervous. I've been having some gum issues, the parameter where the gum meets the tooth suddenly became very raw while I was brushing, even though I was brushing normally (at the gum line) with the soft tooth brush I was given.
Food debris and odor have been an issue, so I have been spending more time than usual brushing, however, gently. I don't know if brushing too much caused this. My gums are normally very healthy. I hope my gum line returns to normal. Anyway.
I have made a list of things I will say if I am not 110% happy with the "try-ins", so as to not get pressured by the 3 woman, however nice, who work there. They have already mentioned to me about how "the gums will (magically) grow over any gaps there may be in the veneers over time".
But, I will not agree to anything permanent that doesn't look great at the time of the try in. Period.
Fingers and toes crossed. Deep breath....

New Permanent Ceramic Veneers Cemented Today

I have a follow up visit in one week, were the Doctor will make any minor tweeks that may be needed.
I don't love the color in these photos, but they looked brighter in the office.
I thought my temps were a little too white, but I loved how they looked in a recent photoshoot.
They don't look bad to me, but I can tell which ones are the ceramic veneers, and which are not.
I was going for a "natural" look, but perhaps these are too yellow?
Thoughts, advice?

Discomfort & poss tooth shifting after I got my Veneers at Dr. Lerch's office.

Okay, it's been several weeks since I got my ceramic veneers at Dr. Lerch's office.
I have been having a lot of discomfort with my two front teeth were it feels like there is something stuck in between my teeth there and it gets really annoying.

Also, since my gums have settled down, I've noticed a little black shadow right at the gum line in between my two upper front teeth. Am I being picky, or does it look a little like a piece of black pepper stuck in my tooth?

Lastly, and most scarey, it feels like my teeth are shifting and when I took a picture from below of my bite, I noticed it looks a lot different, considering it's only been weeks.
I would really like to get some feed back and opinions from others.
Any insight from professionals in the dental field would be most appreciated.
New Haven Cosmetic Dentist

The office staff seems very nice.

I like your very last picture you look great!
The last picture is of my temps, which are gone now :(
Hmmm….I honestly cannot see the color well of your natural teeth in the pictures.  You look fabulous in your glamour shot!  Your teeth look natural and white to me in the other pics as well, but I know pics can be misleading that way.  Is there a way you can take a pic that shows the color diff between the veneers and your natural teeth?  Also, do you know what color you chose?  (Like A1, B1, A2, B2, etc?)

When are you due to get the rest of the bonding done?  Also, it sounds like you might be down crowns instead of bonding, but I could just be misinterpreting what you said!  I look forward to seeing pictures.  It might be easier for you to post as you go along, actually.  I  found it was easier for me so I didn't have to upload so many photos at once.  But I've also uploaded scores of photos by now.  Good luck!  :D

1st try - in tomorrow! the treatment is 8 porcelain veneers for a cosmetic result. I posted an update outlining how nervous I am. They are skilled professionals though, and that's what I'm hanging on to.

Good luck with your try-in!  Writing down your questions is great--remembering to bring the paper when you go is even better, and not being too embarrassed to ask the questions is best!  I have failed at all of those things in the past ;)