TT, 2" muscle repair and umbilical hernia - new pics!!!

I have an umbilical hernia, and lots of loose skin...

I have an umbilical hernia, and lots of loose skin after back to back pregnancies. I feel very guilty about spending all this money on myself. However, my husband is very supportive and understands how self-conscious I am about my "pooch."

Well, here I am 5 days away from surgery and...

Well, here I am 5 days away from surgery and getting really nervous!! If I didn't have a friend flying in from out of town to take care of my kids I think I may have cancelled surgery by now. However, I know if I don't do this now I will never do it. My husband took some "before" pictures to help me keep my resolve, he knows how much I really want this. Sleeping is becoming more and more difficult - I had to take a valium at 3am so I could catch at least a few hours sleep this morning.

I am currently 45 years old 5'4" and 142lbs. I...

I am currently 45 years old 5'4" and 142lbs. I workout 3-4 times a week and eat low-carb but, since having children I can't seem to get my weight to stay below 140. I'm really hoping that this flat tummy (to be) and it's maintenance will give me the boost I need to lose those last 10 lbs!

My surgery was yesterday morning. It went very...

My surgery was yesterday morning. It went very well. I'm resting comfortably at home and feeling much better than I ever expected! Getting in and out of bed can be a little painful but it's temporary and a small price to pay for a flat tummy!

Today is day 6. Feeling so good it's hard to not...

Today is day 6. Feeling so good it's hard to not start cleaning and tidying up today! However, I have learned from all those wonderful ladies who have gone before me that I will regret it if i overdo. Went for Post Op appointment yesterday and PS is very happy that my dressings are staying dry and that my drain output is so low (25CC per day). He moved my Thursday appointment to Tuesday next week so I could have the drain removed YAY!! I'm a little nervous because both my kids have developed a barking cough this week - I'm terrified that I'll catch it! I've only coughed twice so far but still remember the pain! Unfortunatly this means that I really have to isolate myself from the rest of the family for now ):

Today I am 11 days post-op. All is well except...

Today I am 11 days post-op. All is well except I'm feeling very sore and tired. Getting sick of being sick. I can't wait until I have energy again and can play with my kids. We played monopoly today and every two hours I had to go lie down because I was exhausted!! Who in the heck gets tired from monopoly?!!

17 days post op and I'm feeling great! I went...

17 days post op and I'm feeling great! I went back to work for a few hours yesterday and carried on with my normal daily routine. No lifting or exercise, but made dinner for the family, did laundry and picked up around the house etc. By around 8pm I was exhausted but so happy to be back to my old self again yay!! Mondays PS appointment went well, belly button stitches removed, wound cleaned and re-dressed with paper tape. Dr. emphasised not doing too much and keeping wound dry. Next appointment in two weeks!

Thanks for the info nhjane. My first consult will be at DHMC in Lebanon and I'll go from there, but Concord would work for me too.
Thank u honey i appreciate that 24 hours to go wow i am so thrilled and yay u must kit with me
pretty lady dont disappear on me!!!!!
Not happening sweetie, I came back to support you as you supported me! Plus I can't wait to see how awesome you're going to look and feel after all this. Only 24 hours to go - I'm praying for you honey! You deserve this!!
Hi Taylor. My surgeon is board certified and part of the Concord Hospital Group: Dr. Wayne Stadelmann. His quiet attention to detail and kind, caring manner made me feel very confident about my decision. The aftercare he and his office provided was wonderful too! I can't tell you what a difference this surgery has made to my life. I only wish I'd done it years ago! Keep me posted on what you decide and Good Luck!!
Hi nh jane. I also live in NH and am looking around for a good PS...any suggestions? Many Thanks.
Thanks waiting, before you know it February will be here. You're going to do great too!! It is so worth it!!
WOW BACK TO WORK GOOD FOR YOU!
WOW!!! You look great! What a huge difference!!
Thanks so much, I put on my pre-op jeans for the first time today and they're way too big on the waist - I have to buy some new belts... yippee!!
Thanks Kati, I hope to post some pics soon!
You and I have very similar stories! It sounds like you're doing really well! I can't wait to see some of your after pics-
If you're worried about nausea ask for a nausea patch right before surgery -I throw up at the drop of a hat and Dr. assured me it would prevent anesthesia related sickness - it worked like a charm. Trust me you do not want to retch during your recovery!! Good Luck!
I will talk to my PS about a patch...thanks for the advice!
Ouch! Hopefully all the brusing will clear up soon...I was just wondering what to expect from the anesthesia because I've been reading that some people have experienced itching and have been nauseated so I was just kinda dreading that part but I feel a little bit better now..thanks...happy healing!
No Steph, I was actually very happy with the anesthesia - no nausea or itching at all. However, I have bruises all over both hands and arms from three different nurses trying to find a decent vein!!
Hey nhjayne, glad you're doing good! I asked starry the samethin regarding the anesthesia--did you have any problems such as itching or anything like that?

Thank you for the update.  Now just rest.

Glad to hear your surgery went well! Rest rest and rest :-)
Hello nhjayne, was thinking of you on Monday, glad to hear that everything went well! Stay hydrated as much as possible, and keep us posted!
I am glad pain is easing up!getting comfy is hard i heard!
Thaks everyone!! Today is day 3. I'm Starting to wait 6 hours between percocets (instead of 4) No BM yet - I'm taking colace and eating prunes to try and get a jump start on that. I've just been eating broccoli soup (homemade) Protein shakes and crackers. Appetite just not there yet. I'm finding it very hard to get comfy in bed but otherwise I'm doing great!! So happy to be on the other side. Thanks for all the support
Congratulations nhjayne! Welcome to the other side. Happy healing!
Thanks Bella!
yay I am glad you are doing ok rest well !!