27yr Old Finally Got Implants!..and Not Sure if I'm Happy with Them ): - New England, USA

I've wanted large breasts since a very young age....

I've wanted large breasts since a very young age. I grew up with two older sisters who both had beautiful full c cups and I couldn't wait to have a set of my own. In fact, all of the women in my family all have large breasts except for me :/. When I went through puberty at age 9 I was excited for my breasts to grow in but they never got any bigger. I waited and waited and even watched my cousin who is 7 years younger then me grow D cups and still nothing for me!

It took a lot of courage(time and money) to finally see a doctor and talk about my goals and go through with this surgery. I always thought it was shameful to get plastic surgery because I come from a traditional family but as I got older I realized I need to do what makes me happy and who cares what anyone else thinks, right? I only met with one doctor because I felt very comfortable with him at first. He gave me a few sizers to try on and told me that because of my small frame and athletic build I would look best with a 286cc implant(I am 5ft 2in, 116lbs, wore a 34A bra). I went home and did some research and went back in for my second meeting and told him I wanted to go larger. He pulled a 304 and told me that it wouldn't be much of a difference in volume, only in shape. I wanted a full c cup and he was well aware of that. I went home and started having more doubts. I was not happy! I went in for a 3rd and final sizing and we pulled a 339cc. When I placed it into my bra it look PERFECT! I liked the width of them and the fullness. I honestly felt like this was THE ONE but the doctor seemed to get frustrated explaining to me that it could not happen because my chest wall isn't wide enough. If he created a pocket underneath the muscle to insert them I could be at risk for the two pockets breaking and becoming one big pocket across my chest. He even told me my nipples might go pointing towards the floor if I do it. This really freaked me out! He never used a tape measure, he just pressed the center of the implant against my nipple and depending on how far it stuck out from the sides and how far it stood up on top he said that would determine if it would fit or not. He told me that I needed to trust his judgement and that he was going to do a nice job. After all he has been doing this for 25+ years so I decided not to freak out and move forward with the surgery and his recommendation.

He ended up bringing all three sizes to surgery but he knew that I wanted to go as large as possible. When I woke up after the surgery he told me he put in the 286CC because the 304CC didn't look as nice in and that he tried. He didn't try the 339CC at all.

Now I'm 1 week post op and I cannot stand looking at myself in the mirror. Is this normal? I am so disappointed with the size and I know as the swelling goes down it will only look smaller. From the front the shape appears nice because I wanted that rounded look but I'm afraid once the swelling goes down that will disappear. The side profile looks the same to me.. maybe a little fuller but not by much. I understand once they drop they will look different but honestly is it going to be much different? I tried on my old 34A bras (several different brands and styles) and they ALL fit! Whats up with this? I thought the cups would be wayy too small and was excited to finally throw them away. Maybe because it hasn't dropped yet? I don't know anymore I'm just so frustrated and disappointed with this entire procedure. I feel like I got talked out of getting what I really wanted after all these years. I've been really depressed since surgery and I cannot stop crying. I've thought about revision with another doctor but I don't want to put my body through all of this again.

That's not right, the doctor should have listened to YOUR size choice! He could very well have recommended a different profile of implant to accommodate chest width! I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I think they look really nice, but what's important is that you are happy! Will you be considering a revision to change to larger implants in the future? If so, I hope your doctor really listens to you and acts according to your wishes. That's what we pay them to do!! Good luck to you, I hope everything works out. :)
He did try a high profile but said it wouldn't work on my frame because the bigger I went the higher up it would sit on my chest and the less natural it would look. I like the moderate profile because I feel they are more rounded I just wish he would have tried to do atleast another size up. I've thought of revision but because I just got my surgery last week I really think I'm going to give it 1 year to see how everything settles. I have to meet again with my doctor in two weeks and I will tell him how I feel and see what my options are. I will keep this page updated!
I think that's a very reasonable decision. I look forward to your updates. :)
I'm sorry that this has happened to you. This is similar to the 1st consultation I went to. The doctor came in just asked you want saline or silicone? Okay saline. Then on your body, only 300 cc. Lets put it on. He puts it on but I wasn't happy with the size. So he said the biggest I will go on you is 300cc filled to 330cc. And I still wasn't happy, esp with his bedside manner. That was a no no for me too since he didn't measure me. He also does not give choices on profiles either. He says he only does moderate profile. So I bounced and went to other surgeons that were so nice and professional. But looking at your photo, they look great so far but I know you wanted it bigger :/ You might be bigger than what you thought once everything is healed.
Thanks and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be bigger once it settles. You did the right thing not returning to that doctors office, I would have left too! I felt really comfortable with my doctor at first and he checked me for both high and moderate profile. It was just the size that I wanted bigger and I realized I wasn't going to be able to go any bigger until after I paid a deposit. I really didn't want to keep pushing for a bigger size because I didn't want him to mess me up if I went against his recommendation. I do also think they look good, but I'm hoping that once it settles it will fill in more and look bigger.
Im sorry your feeling down! Its totally normal. I cried a whole lot. Its an emotional change and when we cant see the imediate results we feel like maybe we made a mistake. Please know your breasts have many changes to go through and hopefully youll love your results! Im 6 months out and still changing! And in my case they got way bigger! I think your early photo looks fantastic and totally normal for where you are in the healing process and man is it a process! I hope I've given some peace of mind! And they look like they will be awesome!!
Yes it does give me some peace of mind so thank you. I really want to be patient. I looked at your pictures and your results look amazing! It definitely looks like you went a lot bigger than 300cc. Since I'm only 14cc smaller than you I hope mine look like that after 6 months! It's surprising to me that you say yours got bigger overtime because I keep reading about how people feel that their results look smaller once everything settles and the swelling goes away. Its a good thing! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?
I"m sorry you aren't happy with your results. That is a really horrible way to feel. I've been reading on here about getting the blues after surgery and they say it is totally normal to cry and feel down afterwards. I know it won't make you feel better, but I do think you look totally amazing!!! I think they look huge on our frame. I would have thought they were a big C or D! Hope you feel better soon and keep us updated on what happens at your next appointment.
Thank you so much for your positive words. I will definitely keep updating and will be adding new pictures next week. :)
I would definitely wait a while before getting a revision. I got 225cc HP over the muscle and it moved me to a 32D, but it's a really "small" implant and outcome. I tried to ask for 250s even and he didn't recommend it because of my size. I was scared to go against his recommendation because it was over the muscle -- scared of extra sagging or bottoming out or capsular contracture. I also didn't go to another consult. Check out my pics. The swelling went down and I think they are pretty and can become huge with a good push-up bra. At first I felt cheated too because the small outcome is as expensive as larger!! But I know in the future I can go larger, and the pocket is there so the recovery will be great also. I really love the smaller size when running and all, and now I want to keep my tummy flat so they'll look bigger!!! When I feel small, I look at my old pics and realize there's a BIG difference. Hope this helps. Sorry you're sad. I would definitely discuss it with him...
I think that your breasts look great! You had more boob to begin with though. I don't think I can achieve a larger breast naturally until after I have children. I don't ever gain weight on my upper body. Most of my weight goes to my legs. I didn't have much breast tissue to begin with either, I was completely flat. You're absolutely right about waiting on revision. I think I'm too scared to go through the process all over again too soon. Thanks for the advice.
I think they look lovely. They're not huge, but that's not a bad thing. No offense, but they have improved. But did you ever see any other Drs?
None taken and yes I agree it is a huge improvement. I honestly think they look great but for the type of person who wants to achieve a small natural looking breast(not me). I didn't see another doctor and that is my biggest regret. I honestly felt very comfortable with my doctor and the staff at his practice so I never thought I needed to. When I went in for my first sizing I told my doctor my goal was a full C cup and he never told me at first that it wouldn't work with my body type. I paid a $500 non refundable deposit that same week. 2 weeks prior to the surgery I had my second sizing and it was then that he told me I'd probably end up being a full b cup and maybe a small C if we went with the 304cc. I pushed for a larger size but he didn't recommend it. At this point full payment had already been taken so I decided to move forward thinking, how bad could it actually be? I also though for sure he would go with the 304cc given all the info and concerns I expressed to him, but he didn't.
Oh I see. It sounds like your an honest and loyal person, as am I and maybe at times we trust people way too much. It's a bittersweet way to be. No need for regrets, it's the devils way to steal your joy. Try to move forward and see your progression. You look beautiful and your look will more then likely grow on you. Hang in there and chin up buttercup. Trust the process, because faith is all you've got.
I think they appear far apart because that's how your breasts appear to have laid before hand. Going a bigger size would emphasize that even more I think. I learned that it's not always correct to assume fantastic cleavage if your chest doesn't already start at a good point to create it how we envision based on others pictures. I'm sorry that you're not happy, it is a very nice shape though! I think once they drop and fluff more you will feel better.
I'm really hoping that once they drop I will like them more but I can't help but think that it will only appear to look smaller once they are settled, especially from the side view. Thanks for the info though!
I agree with Heidi. Mine are quite large (I was a 34D before 380cc implants), and the only way I get cleavage is with a bra. Attaining cleavage by adding a larger implant is not possible is a lot of women. Thank goodness for VS push-up bras!
I am so very sorry. I know exactly what you are going through. Your story from start to finish is exactly like mine. I waited for years to have this done and now, for what??? All the pain for nothing more than my push up bra gave me!!!!! I do not know what I will do. I am seriously upset. These PS want their money but it seems that's the only important thing to them. If we can save our money to pay them, go through all the procedure before and after and all the pain to have an outcome that we did not even ask for is just plain wrong. Have you spoke to your PS? If so what was the outcome?
I went in for my 1 week post op and he wasn't there! I met with a nurse who works there who looked at me and told me everything is settling fine. I told her I wasn't happy and that I wanted to see my doctor so she pushed up my 1 month post op appointment so that I can see him sooner. I did see him 2 days after my surgery though because the swelling on one side was more than the other and he told me that he thought they looked great and to give them more time to settle before having doubts about them because they will change in shape. I don't know I'm just so frustrated and I keep being told to be patient and trust my doctor. I feel like I'm just being dragged around at this point. I'm sorry to hear that you have had the same disappointment. What size were you before and what size did you go to if you don't mind me asking?
No i don't mind at all:) I was a size a may be a very small b. I wanted a full size c. A large full size c. I made this very clear to my doc & he had no problems at all. He told me I would be able to reach my goal without any problems. I never tried any sizers on bc he never offered & I did not know you could do this:/ He came in to mark me & he ask me again on size. I still said, very large size c even a small d would be fine. As I was rolled into op room, his nurse also ask me about size. Of course my answer was the same! I was very happy with my size at first but when the swelling started going down I was like oh no. Now I'm so depressed & upset. I was looking forward to this summer in my bikini but now I don't even want to try them on. I'm going in this Thursday and I plan on telling him my concerns again bc he has told me the same thing. WAIT IT OUT:( ugh! I don't see how waiting it out is going to give me size! I certainly don't agree that your doc was not there to see you for your appt:/! That's just not right. A nurse is no substitute. Do you feel like your doc isn't as interested as he was before you paid him? I hate to be like this but that's how I feel at this point! I do think you have some improvement but I also know what I was expecting amd you seem to have wanted the same as me & this just isn't it! I've been told mine look nice too but this isn't the point. This isn't what I wanted, ask for or paid a lot of money to have done! I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. Have you thought out what your going to do when you meet with your PS again?? I know everyone means well when they say I look better but it doesn't make me feel better. In a way it's worse:/
I'm surprised that you didn't get to try any sizers! How many CC did you get? I tried on my bikini tops and they all fit fine, probably because they are all size xs! I thought I would need to buy new ones but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. How many weeks has it been since your surgery? Since I'm in the very early stages still I do want to try to be patient and see how they settle along and then if I still don't like them I may talk about revision. I just don't want to keep trying to convince myself to be happy with something that deep down inside I know I don't like. My doctor is very nice and he was very nice and interested in me after my surgery when I visited two days after..he even gave me a hug goodbye. I just feel like looking back now there was a communication barrier. I tried my best to explain to him what I want but maybe because of where I'm from people tend to want a more natural look and nothing too big so that's what he's used to doing. I didn't want anything to look fake but I didn't want anything too small. I wanted to be able to see a huge improvement. People keep telling me, "well you're a small girl" and I'm so sick of hearing this. So because I'm small I'm supposed to have small boobs? Then the whole surgery was pointless. I see short girls all the time with nice full size chest and they look good, it doesn't mean they are not proportionate.