Do Not I Repeat Do Not Waste Your Money on This! - Danvers, MA

I had this done in Boston about 6 years ago. Not...

I had this done in Boston about 6 years ago. Not once but twice. After my first procedure, I noticed no difference except I was out 2,500. My plastic surgeon said that sometimes it takes two treatment to work for deep acne scars, so like an idiot I had it done again.

The proceduder was uncomfortable and the aftercare was terrible. My face itched like crazy, I had to stay home for weeks because I looked like Freddy Kruger ( a monster) the vasaleen stuff you had to keep on your face for weeks till you healed was gross. When I went back for my follow up, the doctor was all excited saying how great I looked and what a difference. I ask ed her what she was smoking because I saw no improvement at all, I fact I looked worse! I had red zigzag lines all down my neck.

She said that sometimes you get only minor results the first time and convinced me to have it done again. Big mistake! Out another 2,500. And still absoultly no difference except now I looked worse! It is now 6 years later. It took almost 5 years for the red zig zag marks on my neck to go away, if you look close you can still see them though they are very faint now. It also caused MAJOR hyperpigmentation of my face. Without heavy makeup ( dermablend) my skin is now dark in some spots and real light in other places. It actually looks like my face had dirt on it, especially around my moth and on my chin. Oh and all my acne scars, even the ones that were not deep are still there.

I went to the top plastic surgeon in Boston to see if he could fix what the other doctor had done. He told me point blank that I should have gone to see him first because he would have told me not to have it done. He even said it doesn't work and that all those before and after pictures are photoshopped. He said that no reputable doctor would ever do a procedure like that for deep acne scars. He said it only works for very fine lines and wrinkles and most times it doesn't even help that. Unfortunately he said there was nothing he could do to make my face look better, he suggested I use dermablend to cover it and that is what I have been doing now for years. Please, please don't do this, I know you probably hate the way you look now but trust me, you will hate the way you look after a few years, much much more.

Danvers Facial Plastic Surgeon

I choose her because she was a board certified plastic surgeon. Her website had great pictures of before and after.

Thanks for your review. I'm so sorry about this. I don't think it's your fault, but unforunately, you are the one suffering. You trusted a board certified plastic surgeon who had great photos on her site. How would you have known the photos were photoshopped? I know quite a few people who went to a board certified plastic surgeons who claimed to be "artists" and were shown great photos they didn't realize were deceptive. These surgical "artists" then disfigured them. I would like to see more truth in advertising in this field.
I'm sorry this happened to you. Your review is posted under Deep FX. Deep FX was first launched by Lumenis outside the USA in 2007. You couldn't even find a doctor offering it in the USA until 2008. If this happened to you six years ago, then it was not caused by Deep FX.

I am sorry for your experience with this procedure.