Implants from Mastectomies - New Brunswick, NJ

Looked flat after postop...was disappointed...

looked flat after postop...was disappointed because i felt after all i went through you couldnt see them

dr was great, but you must realize to go bigger for radical mastectomies, because you loose half your implant in chest cavity.  ive since gone bigger to 800 ccs...yes i am 6 feet tall, and 175 lbs.  look thin, but am large boned.  my bra size is 36 c, with 800s. yes, hard to believe. do know this, man made nipples need to be done twice, they disappear, and areolas fade to nothing. get darker than you would want . that is very painful, having the tattoos done, worse part for me. use cold frozen packs wrapped in towel, feels great.  i just dont know at this point if a tram-flap would have been a better choice.  every 10 years now, i have to wonder if its time for replacement, they weaken and can rupture from 10 years on, despite what you will hear.  than it all starts again.  money too. insurance paid most, but do they keep paying.   my surgery was 2008.  today my left side (cancer side) has capsular contracture.  its livable , but dont know if it plateaued .they are hard, dont bounce at all and just look nice in clothes.  scars are on sides and thats because of cancer,  you dont have a choice of cut.   but, it sure beats no breasts at all, and that really is the here for your PS.  he/she wants to make you appear "normal" not picture perfect. thats not reality.   good luck.

I had silicon gel implants from mentor co. under...

i had silicon gel implants from mentor co. under the muscle.

New Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Hi Happierwith,
After the challenge of breast cancer and the resultant mastectomy, it is so nice to be able to restore your femininity. Thankfully, you still have sensitivity in the areola which is why your tattooing was so uncomfortable. Let's hope the only maintenance will be cosmetic and not from disease. I also experienced capsular contracture , but it was on the healthy breast. PS did a revision (Mentor memory gel) in 2008 and all is well. Are you considering a revision to correct the contracture? I believe insurance covers revisions with breast cancer cases. You will have to check with your provider. Best to you.

Thank yo so much for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing capsular contracture on your left side, and hope since it is livable to you at this point it stays as is.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing and any changes you are noticing.