It's Amazing...I Love my New Tummy! - Moncton, NB

I am 42 years young. I had 2 miscarriages, and 2...

I am 42 years young. I had 2 miscarriages, and 2 great pregnancies. My boys are 9 and 12. I am 5 feet and weigh 112 lbs.

I exercice everyday (walking, weights and yoga) I alternate. I will start doing the P90X routine in another 2 weeks.

I eat a high fiber, high protein diet and 8 glasses of water per day. I've cut out coffee and replaced by green tea and reduced my red wine intake. It helps me keep my weight down.

I am presently 5 weeks post op (May 17th 2011). I feel back to normal. I don't have much swelling, except for above my belly button. I had 40ml liquid removed by my PS; this caused a bit of swelling so one week later I saw my doctor and she tried to remove liquid twice with a seringe with no success. She said it was just swelling. I didn't agree so returned to see my PS and he tried to drain and it was dry. This hurt like hell when he tried to drain. Due to this, the swelling has been worse because of all the needles pocking at me. I'm hoping it will decrease very soon.

My belly button looks weird because has a child I had an outy... the PS said he would do a retake in 6 months to make it look better. I also have dog ears, but he said they sometimes go away by themselves. If not he will fix them in 6 months. Not a biggy!

I had drains for 6 days, however I didn't have much liquid to drain. No pain with the drains.

I had a TT because I had a lot of loose skin and a square shape. My pants were size 4 but I always wore a bigger size because of the muffin cap!!! I now fit in a size 2!!!

After the surgery, I have to say I had absolutely no pain, just tightness! I had back pain because of my posture, that's it. No salt, high high fiber, high protein was the key for me. I ate 1/2 cup bran buds every morning. I had lentil soup with protein every day at lunch.... Protein helped with the healing process. I would also eat a shake in the morning; 1 cup milk, 2 cups spinash, 1/4 cup flax seeds, banana, yogurt, frozen fruits 1/2 cup ensure and a bit of juice if it was too tick. Ladies this really gets you going... you really don't want to be constipated.

So if you are thinking about having a TT, go for it. It is the best thing I ever done for myself. I love it!!!

Thanks for all the ladies who share on realself, it gave me strenght to go aheat and do it.

Foliebergere

Dr. Brent Howley

Dr H is a Platic and Cosmetic Surgeon fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is very attentive and passionate about his patients. He takes his time when he is with you. He is very friendly and caring. He makes you feel comfortable. He was awarded top honours for best clinical research in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Uni. of Toronto. I would recommend him to anyone.

I see the wait time is not good anyone have any idea for the Doctor in Moncton N.B Canada/ I lost 60 lbs and have an apron definetly need a TT, is the cost the same$$$$
Sounding good -I'm sure you continue to love the tummy
Why didn't he remove the skin where the old belly button was? You had more than enough skin. No offense, I believe you over rated him.
Hi SuperStar25, I know it seems like that, however he pulled as tight as he could. I couldn't imagine him pulling tighter then it was. This being said, I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago (after 2 1/2 years after my TT) and he wants to do a revision and pull my skin down tighter because it as become loose. Hope all is well with your TT.
You look GREAT! I'm really glad you shared your pictures with us. IT helps me know what to expect for my upcoming surgery. :-)
Congrats on your TT, you are looking really good and seem to be healing well.My PS says my dog ears should settle down too, we'll see at the 6-mo mark - LOL. I like your advice on the nutrition, it does make a difference. Glad you are doing well!
for the record I think your results are great now. Unless you are a swimsuit model I won't be too hard on yourself to be perfect.

Thank you so much for posting your story and photos! Great nutritional advice, as well. It's amazing what a difference a good diet can make in healing. We'd love to know how your minor revisions go at the 6-month mark. Enjoy your new tummy. You deserve it!